The Weekend - KISS LAND VINYL LP 5-YEAR EDITION

jaypeap

7 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Plus a coupon, mine came close to $25. Wife will be happy, I wasn't crazy about this album, but she still likes it.

It's not my favorite either, but it's the only one I'm missing I think... Unless I never found BBtM for a reasonable price. And I don't think My Dear Melancholy got a press yet. 

Plus seaglass is a cool color. 

Edited by rooks

47 minutes ago, rooks said:

It's not my favorite either, but it's the only one I'm missing I think... Unless I never found BBtM for a reasonable price. And I don't think My Dear Melancholy got a press yet. 

Plus seaglass is a cool color. 

I will say I listened to most of this at work today and it wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered.

Also yeah, seaglass. if

Mine showed today from Amazon. Super nice packaging, a little different but I like it. Inner gatefold comes out of the bottom of the thick out cover sleeve, full printed color gatefold, then out of the tops of the inner gatefold is the records in printed sleeves.

Color ended up closer to coke bottle clear than seaglass but still a nice package overall. Glad Amazon hooked me up.

Man I remember discovering House of Balloons and listening to it almost daily.  I could never get into anything after that except a few songs.  There's just not as much substance in production and lyrics, something that actually made him stand out.  Now I hear his stuff on the radio and it sounds like everything else.

49 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

Man I remember discovering House of Balloons and listening to it almost daily.  I could never get into anything after that except a few songs.  There's just not as much substance in production and lyrics, something that actually made him stand out.  Now I hear his stuff on the radio and it sounds like everything else.

House of Balloons was definitely tops, but everything from the trilogy eps is miles ahead of everything else.

Even with that said though, this album is pretty solid, and certainly better than I remembered. It just doesn't compare to the earlier stuff.