PO: Bauhaus - The Bela Session EP (40th Anniversary Reissue of "Bela Lugosi’s Dead")

jhulud

bela-session.jpg

The Bela Session is a full release of Bauhaus' first studio session from January 26 1979, where the iconic "Bela Lugosi's Dead" was recorded. This is the first and only official reissue of "Bela Lugosi's Dead" on vinyl, and the first time 3 of the 5 tracks have been released. This EP has been produced directly by the band with Leaving Records, in advance of the band's 40th anniversary. Mastered in 2018 from the original tape by Mandy Parnell at Black Saloon Studios.

VINYL: PRE-ORDER FOR NOV. 23, 2018

• White vinyl (ltd. 1000) or Black
• 180 gram
• Printed inner sleeve
• 20 x 20-inch poster
More photos & details

Track notes: "Bela Lugosi's Dead" was originally released by Small Wonder Records, 1979. "Harry" was originally released by Beggars Banquet, 1982. "Some Faces," "Bite My Hip," and "Boys (Original)" are previously unreleased.

Original session produced by Bauhaus 1919; engineered by Derek Thompson. Reissue concept: Andrew J Brooksbank, Bauhaus Archives. Reissue A&R: Matthewdavid. Package design: Jeff Jank.

http://www.stonesthrow.com/store/ep/bauhaus/bela-session

More details: http://www.post-punk.com/bauhaus-bela-session-ep/

13 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

It's difficult for me to justify spending $22 plus shipping on what is essentially an E.P. Even though I want this, I probably won't be regretting not buying this later. Just thinking out loud. Thanks for listening.:blink:

+1 !

I can't justify $45 for an EP even this one :(

Edited by archiced

On 9/11/2018 at 5:43 AM, archiced said:

+1 !

I can't justify $45 for an EP even this one :(

I was thinking the same thing until I heard how great the recording sounds. But did I need the White variant? No. But I'm weak.

What kills me isn' t the sticker price so much as the bullshit shipping cost to Canada. 

But I'm weak.