Jose Gonzalez & The String Theory - Live in Europe

New live album up for preorder on Pledge Music with some nice configurations and add-ons:

https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/jose-gonzalez-live-in-europe

Standard version, limited signed box set version on colored vinyl with 7” and used guitar string, and signed test pressings (at least 50 were pressed, maybe more). 

I personally opted for the meet-and-greet, since it includes the signed limited box set and entry to the concert of your choice from the upcoming US tour. Since tickets are at least $45 plus fees here in NY, that makes it like a $30-40 premium for a meet-and-greet and soundcheck, with proceeds to charity. Pretty good. 

13 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Hey FondFarewell -- that package DID some with a ticket, right? Not just a meet and greet? 

The confirmation email shared a pre-sale code for the tour... why would we need that? Confused. 

The description for the meet and greet says “includes entry to show” in bold, so it must. I think all Pledgers were given presale access, so I assume everyone who ordered just the record, etc got the same confirmation email with code. 

In my limited experience, these things are pretty explicit when you also need a ticket. And here, they are definitely explicit on the item page that it’s included. 

That said, if you email them to confirm, I’d be interested to know if they have a plan for where the tickets will be. 

Edited by fondfarewell

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/28/2019 at 1:52 AM, Kanye West said:

Box set came in today. Sounds INCREDIBLE. Wow. I can't wait for the show in April.

No guitar string though :(

Disappointing but I suppose better than not getting it at all, given PledgeMusic’s problems. 

Did you order any of the extra items? And did you get any shipping notice?

Edit: My box arrived as well. Really nice. Obviously no shipping notice. The extra items I ordered weren’t included with this shipment. And no guitar string. 

Edited by fondfarewell

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Anyone know if he's selling any records on tour? I'm going tomorrow.

Last night I’m pretty sure I saw copies of all three studio LPs, including the recent deluxe RSD version of Veneer. They also had both standard and box set versions of the String Theory live album (the latter was priced at $100, and included the used guitar string).

9 hours ago, Canuckle said:

I'm still waiting on the test press.... anyone else receive theirs?

Apparently only the box sets, black vinyl, signed colored vinyl and t-shirts were fulfilled domestically. Everything else is coming from Europe.

I’m still waiting on a signed lyric sheet and Polaroid. His US management is looking into the status for me. Will let you know if I hear back. 

10 hours ago, Carl65 said:

I still haven't had the test pressing, very hard to find out any info on this, Pledgemusic don't reply to anything so any info greatly received.....

Don’t even bother with PledgeMusic. They don’t deal with fulfillment. You might try sending a message to Jose’s Facebook. Will let you know if I hear anything myself. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 7:17 PM, fondfarewell said:

Don’t even bother with PledgeMusic. They don’t deal with fulfillment. You might try sending a message to Jose’s Facebook. Will let you know if I hear anything myself. 

Hi, I tried messaging Jose's Facebook but have had no luck as of yet, anybody else had any new about the signed test pressing yet?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 12:02 PM, Carl65 said:

Hi, I tried messaging Jose's Facebook but have had no luck as of yet, anybody else had any new about the signed test pressing yet?

Also still waiting.... starting to consider just raising a Paypal claim and ordering what he he selling at the shows, because I really want this.

• 1 month later...