PO: Every Time I Die “Hot Damn”

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Were they legit mad that their bass player left to play with ETID? I'm assuming both that this is real and that he played bass.

From Jeff's label Quote Unquote:

For any musician, a day job can be a pretty depressing thing - kind of a constant reminder that you’re not successful or good enough to do what you feel is your strong suit for a living. So when John (our guitar player) found out that Every Time I Die’s bassist quit last winter and at the same time realized that a couple of his friends were also good friends with the ETID gang, we all decided to celebrate. I mean, the only requirements for the band aside from the ability to play the bass was that you have to like AC/DC and you have to drink a lot... how could he not get it? This song was meant to congratulate John because we all truly felt he was going to get this gig. This song was also meant to yell at John because his getting this gig would definitely have held up BTMI! a bit. It turns out that his friends forgot to make phone calls until it was too late and they already got the guy from Between The Buried And Me to do it, which allowed John the necessary free time to play the few shows we’d had in 2005. This song is mainly inside jokes, and also part rumor that I heard in a magazine which said ETID’s newest album would be produced by Dave Grohl. I think I read that in Revolver. Punk rock, man.

2 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

I have a first pressing of this but hot damn that variant is pretty

I bought this because I love pink records and it'll be nice to have a copy that doesn't have Virgil affiliation.

Also my OG came with a nasty seam split. Fucking Virgil.

49 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I've seen them confirm it to some people on Twitter but it's weird they don't just tweet about it themselves. I feel like it'd already have sold out if they tweeted the link.

Probably goes on sale tomorrow or something.

i grabbed one from Creep but secretly kinda hoping they cancel I’m case there are other variants or less expensive copies. Getting hit hard this year with represses that are 100% necessary.

One of my favourite bands, possible most favourite out of bands still together and playing. Cool that this was repressed, didn't realize that everything was going for so much now, I have all albums on vinyl (thanks to that box set, which is now going for $400!??). I wonder if they'll ever get Burial pressed at some point.

8 minutes ago, ethereal said:

just a warning... the description says this pressing is EXCLUSIVE to them and they “can’t accept any refunds once the order is placed”

reeks of bootleg imo

To me it reeks of 'they know there are going to be half a dozen more variants and bundles and they don't want people cancelling in droves after those are revealed.'

Ordered with haste, this is my favorite album by these guys (maybe - tied with Last Night in Town). I love Creep Records, and have ordered from them many times so not too worried about the quality even if it is a boot - great folks there! Plus who doesn't want that pretty pink mess of a press?!

29 minutes ago, ethereal said:

just a warning... the description says this pressing is EXCLUSIVE to them and they “can’t accept any refunds once the order is placed”

reeks of bootleg imo

It’s a legit pressing. In case you didn’t read the other pages, both Andy and the band have confirmed it’s legit after being asked with the exact link here.

My guess is just that it’s getting announced later today and they were keeping hush about it. They did say they have another show to announce after all, so could be a show for this album.

Edited by MCDELTAT

Or this could be an new tactic from Russia to repress American bands and hack their account profiles to promote it. They are using this money to then fund counter intelligence operations.

But I don’t know, are you willing to risk your patriotism to purchase your favorite bands record?

This makes a lot of sense actually. Who are all these flippers? How do they know about critical items so quickly like the Circa BSN repress? They must be also working with the government to procure copies and increase profits that way as well. So if buy from a flipper you’re an even worse person. You helped hack the elections.

Edited by MCDELTAT

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

Or this could be an new tactic from Russia to repress American bands and hack their account profiles to promote it. They are using this money to then fund counter intelligence operations.

But I don’t know, are you willing to risk your patriotism to purchase your favorite bands record?

This makes a lot of sense actually. Who are all these flippers? How do they know about critical items so quickly like the Circa BSN repress? They must be also working with the government to procure copies and increase profits that way as well. So if buy from a flipper you’re an even worse person. You helped hack the elections.

You tried too hard.  :/