PO: Every Time I Die “Hot Damn”

22 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I love that one of the first comments is “$25.99, I’ll pass” when newer ETID records sell for more on the aftermarket than that. Last time I saw From Parts Unkown in a store, it was used and $60. 

Yeah that's so strange, almost every store I've been to that had ETID records always carried ex lives and new junk aesthetic, often times more than one copy and for like $18

I mean, maybe this will drive down the aftermarket prices of the OG copies.

If this ends up being the only variant, I bet it slowly sells out (since there's no promotion). Then when it pops up on discogs and people start posting pics on IG and shit there's going to be a brief flipper bonanza. I bet at least one kid drops $100 on it 

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I mean, maybe this will drive down the aftermarket prices of the OG copies.

If this ends up being the only variant, I bet it slowly sells out (since there's no promotion). Then when it pops up on discogs and people start posting pics on IG and shit there's going to be a brief flipper bonanza. I bet at least one kid drops $100 on it 

Yeah I completely agree, and due to a all that legal red tape there's so many good ferret-era records that are desperately needing represses

22 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I need that first Misery Signals album to get repressed outside of a Kickstarter boxset.

I actually bought the box set with all four albums a couple of years back, right off of their bandcamp page. I had wanted malice for so damn long. Also it was nice to get mirrors as well. I had so many opportunities to get that mirrors/controller 2xlp when it was in print but never jumped on the chance.

27 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

Only 224 left. I have waited for this for a long time. 

Kind of crazy that they moved ~800 of these in a few days with Zero PR / announcement.

And while you can certainly find New Junk on black vinyl for like $20, my colored copy is a prized item!

Its just such a fantastic record, so many catchy / fun tracks.

6 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I love that one of the first comments is “$25.99, I’ll pass” when newer ETID records sell for more on the aftermarket than that. Last time I saw From Parts Unkown in a store, it was used and $60. 

You can get from parts unknown on discogs right now for 12 bucks. Granted its not a “rare variant”. 

On 9/16/2018 at 5:02 PM, Twistedshabazz said:

You can get from parts unknown on discogs right now for 12 bucks. Granted its not a “rare variant”. 

How about this or LNIT? 

Or Gutter...

Or TBD...

Cant just pick the black one that’s still in print :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

How about this or LNIT? 

Or Gutter...

Or TBD...

He was replying to a post specifically calling out parts unknown as going for $60. What's your deal, homie?

I love this color way, so tempting to sell my OG and grab this. Like I think my hang up is that I’ll sell my OG to order this and then this company doesn’t come through with the repress and I’ll be shit outta luck on a copy 

Edited by KingTacoMunster

On 9/16/2018 at 5:02 PM, Twistedshabazz said:

17 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

How about this or LNIT? 

Or Gutter...

Or TBD...

15 hours ago, Ishtar said:

He was replying to a post specifically calling out parts unknown as going for $60. What's your deal, homie?

Why all the ass chapping?

I guess its unbelievable that FPU was OOP for a minute?Literally every ETID record slips outta print. Like two years ago I was in Luna Music and saw FPU for $50 or $60, right next to a copy of Fall Out Boy’s Take This to Your Grave for like $120. It was on the “collector’s” wall.

y’all are relentlessly condescending. Get a fuckin’ life neckbeards. 

2 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

I love this color way, so tempting to sell my OG and grab this. Like I think my hang up is that I’ll sell my OG to order this and then this company doesn’t come through with the repress and I’ll be shit outta luck on a copy 

My shelf real estate is very valuable these days but I'm making room for having 2 copies of Hot Damn because it's that good. If it ever gets another repress I'll make room for that one too.

9 minutes ago, mcpaddolive said:

Ordered this earlier, works out around £38 for UK which was a lot. Just glad to finally have this record.

There’s only about 15 copies left so for anyone holding out, now is probably the time to buy it.

Plus customs though. I can't decide. I'm probably going to miss it.

3 minutes ago, lgfuad said:

Plus customs though. I can't decide. I'm probably going to miss it.

Not guaranteed you’ll get a customs charge but the record isn’t shipping until January so I’m sure you can save a few pounds from now until then if you’re hit with the charge

4 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

My shelf real estate is very valuable these days but I'm making room for having 2 copies of Hot Damn because it's that good. If it ever gets another repress I'll make room for that one too.

so i doubled dipped, and anyone else think it was weird the receipt  you received didn't have the description of what was ordered...maybe im just skeptical that this is happening

Edited by KingTacoMunster

9 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

so i doubled dipped, and anyone else think it was weird the receipt  you received didn't have the description of what was ordered...maybe im just skeptical that this is happening

They're a legit record store. It'd be weird for them to decide to steal nearly $30,000. Especially with a ship date within the PayPal dispute window. I wouldn't worry.

1 hour ago, lgfuad said:

I don't need to save lol. Just trying to decide if I £50 want this record.

In my mind, I want this record, on the resell market it runs way more than that, so this seemed to be the cheapest way to get a mint copy. 

Also, I emailed Creep about some order details and they came back to me within a day, which helped set my mind at ease. 

Edited by andynz