Low - "Double Negative"

AlexH.

Can't believe no one made a thread for this. It comes out tomorrow and it fuckin rules.

The Loser edition is sold out online, but there's another variant - clear with pink streaks - exclusive to Electric Fetus and available online here: https://www.electricfetus.com/UPC/098787125030/Low_Double-Negative

They're also doing an in-store and signing at Electric Fetus tomorrow night. I'm going and I'm excited to see how this new material translates to live performance.

4 hours ago, AlexH. said:

Can't believe no one made a thread for this. It comes out tomorrow and it fuckin rules.

The Loser edition is sold out online, but there's another variant - clear with pink streaks - exclusive to Electric Fetus and available online here: https://www.electricfetus.com/UPC/098787125030/Low_Double-Negative

They're also doing an in-store and signing at Electric Fetus tomorrow night. I'm going and I'm excited to see how this new material translates to live performance.

So I add this to my cart and then try to checkout and i get a screen that says "Loading cart interface" and I can never checkout.  

How were you able to buy this?

Just now, OldKentuckyShark said:

So I add this to my cart and then try to checkout and i get a screen that says "Loading cart interface" and I can never checkout.  

How were you able to buy this?

I'm local, so I preordered in person. Maybe try disabling adblock? That usually makes those kinds of problems go away for me.

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I think one of us must have a super skewed perception of what constitutes VC-core.

VC-core isn't a genre but rather a series of bands that more than half the site flocks to when they have a preorder thread.

Caspian

ETID

Nothing

anything released on topshelf records

anything released on deathwish

Brand New

Thrice

ATDI

etc

This thread falls into the Red House Painters/Codeine/Low "90s slowcore essentials" side of VC-core imo

Oh, I’m well aware of what VC core is.  (See also: Touché Amoré, Balance & Composure, etc.)  Topshelf and Deathwish catch-alls feel like a stretch to me, and I almost never see love for slowcore on this board outside of the occasional discussion from Bronchitis and throwgncpr, if I’m not mistaken.

17 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Oh, I’m well aware of what VC core is.  (See also: Touché Amoré, Balance & Composure, etc.)  Topshelf and Deathwish catch-alls feel like a stretch to me, and I almost never see love for slowcore on this board outside of the occasional discussion from Bronchitis and throwgncpr, if I’m not mistaken.

Did someone say slowcore?!?!?!

giphy.gif

Giving this a listen this morning, pretty interesting record. I saw Low open for Slowdive earlier this year and wasn't overly impressed (I was also kinda drunk and anxiously awaiting seeing Slowdive again). This seems like the type of band that needs all of your attention while listening.

Edited by morfiend

On 9/14/2018 at 5:38 PM, OldKentuckyShark said:

They’ve actually listed one as an electric fetus exclusive now whereas before that was just in the item description.  I hope I get the right version

Just looked at at my invoice and I think those that ordered from the link before it was updated are going to get screwed over b/c there is a $2 difference between the regular and clear/pink variant. If that’s the case I’m going to send mine back and ask for a refund. 

Edited by BeerMonger
More info

I ordered from electric fetus too before site updated. 19.99$ It cost me but now shows 21.99$ On website. My invoice though says electric fetus exclusive so I think i’m Good. They prolly had the price wrong initially but sure they will honour those that ordered. I emailed them but didn’t get a response but my tracking just came through today. We’ll see I guess. 

3 minutes ago, CanadaPostRock said:

I got an email from them, we are getting the pink swirl. The 19.99 was a promo price that went up to 21.99.  All good. 

phew. appreciate the heads up. mine should be here by the end of the weak. listened to the album on spotify all weekend. so different, and so good.