Physical media is important

Star Cage

Streaming music and listening  to digital downloads is starting to become depressing for me. Not only are all the levels in the mixes too compressed, thus sucking out a lot of the emotion... But I also just don't feel comfortable with the throwaway nature of it all. What good is a piece of art that you can listen to whilst going for a run or whilst moving from room to room? Nobody wants to just experience paintings through their computer screen, but we do the equivalent with our music. This epiphany should have clicked with me much sooner than it has.

I'm listening to Krimewatch's 2016 EP but I can't manage to attach an image of it. It looks cool.

Edited by Star Cage

Regular bowel movements are important. You can't keep that shit all locked up inside. So, remember to eat your fiber, kids. The nature of a good bowel movement is the act of throwing it away(or flushing if you have a toilet). I wish I came to this epiphany sooner, because my house really stinks.

1 minute ago, lexicondevil said:

Regular bowel movements are important. You can't keep that shit all locked up inside. So, remember to eat your fiber, kids. The nature of a good bowel movement is the act of throwing it away(or flushing if you have a toilet). I wish I came to this epiphany sooner, because my house really stinks.

As someone with IBS I can attest that this shit's important. 

I like both. And OP everyone is messing with you because this isn't a new thought. I recommend trying out Reddit if you want to gush to the 1x2 Kallax crew about how your life is whole now that you've started listening to vinyl.

16 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Very brave to sing the praises of physical media on a forum dedicated to a specific physical medium.

Post your setup OP

They did in their last thread about how do they know whether or not to spend their precious money on certain variants.

2 hours ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

I like both. And OP everyone is messing with you because this isn't a new thought. I recommend trying out Reddit if you want to gush to the 1x2 Kallax crew about how your life is whole now that you've started listening to vinyl.

I didn't realise that this was the "new thought" forum. I was just venting and thought this would be a place where I'd find some agreement. Maybe I made people cringe but nowhere does it say that this forum is for seasoned analogue kids who only listen to opinions if they're the "first pressing". 

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Very brave to sing the praises of physical media on a forum dedicated to a specific physical medium.

Post your setup OP

ATLP120 Turntable, Zensor 3 Dali Speakers, Cambridge Audio Topaz SR10 Stereo receiver/amp and about 90% of my records wouldn't exist were it not for punk happening in the 70s... Whether it be straight up punk bands like Conflict or distant cousins of punk like Napalm Death. Then I've also got some Cat Stevens because I'm a god damn wild card. 

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I listen to one record every week or two, just don't have time for physical media. I'm happy with a good digital set-up, more than a good analog set-up. Seriously debating selling off everything but the essentials. 

I keep thinking of doing that too, then when I try to pare down to "just the essentials" I can't get rid of anything...

3 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

I keep thinking of doing that too, then when I try to pare down to "just the essentials" I can't get rid of anything...

Haha, I'm in sorta the same situation. The stuff I don't care about isn't worth my time to sell. One day I'll get around to it, or have time to listen to records again. 

3 hours ago, N8TRU1 said:

So uh... https://boards.vinylcollective.com/forum/7-everything-else-message-board/

My best suggestion: put a turntable in your car and drive room to room.

auto007-thumb-500x322-222.jpg

3 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

16 posts in an not a single cat gif.  What the fuck is going on here?  Am I on the wrong VC site?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

59 minutes ago, Star Cage said:

Then I've also got some Cat Stevens because I'm a god damn wild card. 

I like you already. I do too.

14 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I listen to one record every week or two, just don't have time for physical media. I'm happy with a good digital set-up, more than a good analog set-up. Seriously debating selling off everything but the essentials. 

This. Well, this if I was able to pull off the oft dreamed of five post quote that included @Ishtar's reply.

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW VC?