PO: SMASHING PUMPKINS "Shiny and Oh So Bright Vol 1: No Past No Future No Sun LP

dreamover

Just now, Roandy55 said:

People are already paying £75 for this on ebay. Someone has also put a Gold up at £75.:lol:

NOT for THAT price. :o

There are lots of Pumpkins fans out there, though.

If the “black” sounds good, that will be fine.

I do wonder IF I win the GITD “lucky dip,” whether I could swap for a clear in the future.

On 9/16/2018 at 5:27 PM, TonyPerkins said:

There is no way that gold is limited to 500... that thing is still available. 

I pre-ordered days ago. Apparently they have no problem with bait and switch. I sent an email asking for an explanation why just "Limited" and no longer /500

EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE VIA THE NAPALM RECORDS MAILORDER AND ONLINE STORE!

Strictly Limited Napalm Records Mailorder Edition in 180g GOLD VINYL in Gatefold Cover

5 minutes ago, mirrorboxer said:

I pre-ordered days ago. Apparently they have no problem with bait and switch. I sent an email asking for an explanation why just "Limited" and no longer /500

EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE VIA THE NAPALM RECORDS MAILORDER AND ONLINE STORE!

Strictly Limited Napalm Records Mailorder Edition in 180g GOLD VINYL in Gatefold Cover

just emailed them to cancel my order. pretty fucking lame of them to bait and switch like that.

So let's see...you guys bought it because you wanted gold right?  Noooo..it was because you thought you were sitting on a gold mine by getting one of 500?

Not saying what they did was right, but do you guys actually listen to the music or just put the records away because you think you're gonna make money off them one of these days?

6 minutes ago, bungie said:

So let's see...you guys bought it because you wanted gold right?  Noooo..it was because you thought you were sitting on a gold mine by getting one of 500?

Not saying what they did was right, but do you guys actually listen to the music or just put the records away because you think you're gonna make money off them one of these days?

Fuck off....I mean who cares why some one bought a record.  Does not make it ok to change what is being sold.

7 minutes ago, bungie said:

I don't speak for everyone, but I would hate being deceived by a company trying to make money off me.

17 minutes ago, bungie said:

Yes, I bought this edition because it was limited to 500.  I also have the Teargarden 7" singles limited to 250. Does that mean I bought them to flip? No; I bought them to collect. Some people are fans of the band and actually collect records. My avatar is Billys Big Muff pedal with the Siamese Dream settings. 

Regardless, bait and switch is still not right and for that I'm upset

This is fucking lame! Wow! How fucking deceitful! I'm fucking cancelling order. I fuckin bought the whole lot! I wonder what Billy would think if he heard about this! I feel swindled.

1 hour ago, bungie said:

Yes bungee I bought it because it was limited. I also happen to like the few songs I've heard from that album. That's already 3/8 of the album that I've heard and I like. Do I collect Smashing Pumpkins memorabilia? Yes that's what collectors do with limited editions. Some people are actually fans of them...

54 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

This is fucking lame! Wow! How fucking deceitful! I'm fucking cancelling order. I fuckin bought the whole lot! I wonder what Billy would think if he heard about this! I feel swindled.

Yes bungee I bought it because it was limited. I also happen to like the few songs I've heard from that album. That's already 3/8 of the album that I've heard and I like. Do I collect Smashing Pumpkins memorabilia? Yes that's what collectors do with limited editions. Some people are actually fans of them...

I guess some of you guys missed there part where I said "Not saying what they did was right..."?  

I bought a copy of every edition that's been offered so far b/c I am a fan as well.    And yet, I'm not all butthurt about it and cancelling my order out of principal or whatever.  That's bullshit.  Folks either wanted the gold because they collect SP or they didn't because they thought it was limited and might be worth something later or was planning to flip it right off the bat.   To come into the thread and boohoo about what they did/didn't do (could have been bait/switch?  could have been an honest error in the listing?) and state that you cancelled your order just screams that it was purchased under other pretenses.

I don't give a shit though.  I think it's hilarious!  It's a $23 gold record I can add to my SP collection.  Woo.