PO: SMASHING PUMPKINS "Shiny and Oh So Bright Vol 1: No Past No Future No Sun LP

dreamover

1 hour ago, bungie said:

Folks either wanted the gold because they collect SP or they didn't because they thought it was limited and might be worth something later or was planning to flip it right off the bat.  

Or people bought the gold because its rare AND they collect SP, but given SP output for the past 18 years they weren't gonna take a chance and decided they get something they could dump later (again, which is reasonable with post 2k SP output), they could risk the promise of this album but know that they could sell ater if its sucks. 

But at the end of the day, maybe people have $30 to spend on a SP album and they have the opportunity to buy one of the rarest pressings so they do. 

Or maybe people bought something at face and are disappointed that the seller was less than forthright and its as simple as that and any deep dive reasons are pointless because the seller didn't have 100% accurate info when they listed.

9 hours ago, brandy said:

Received an email from Napalm who stated that it was because of incorrect information received from their warehouse.

I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt given that they have always had good service, or at least in my case.

Funny. My email from napalm euro says the management of sp want more pressed of the gold. 

29 minutes ago, maximuss said:

Funny. My email from napalm euro says the management of sp want more pressed of the gold. 

How about more of THE CLEAR pressed instead?

I find that “metal formulations” and vinyl generally don’t make a quiet playing surface.

I mean it “looks” cool, but seriously....:rolleyes:

On 9/18/2018 at 2:21 PM, mirrorboxer said:

I pre-ordered days ago. Apparently they have no problem with bait and switch. I sent an email asking for an explanation why just "Limited" and no longer /500

EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE VIA THE NAPALM RECORDS MAILORDER AND ONLINE STORE!

Strictly Limited Napalm Records Mailorder Edition in 180g GOLD VINYL in Gatefold Cover

Interesting. Thank you for the heads up. 

Still stoked for the gold nonetheless! 

Crazy though, I was just about to purchase a Gold 'Limited to 500'  on eBay for £75 until I saw this thread! 

Just purchased the gold through Napalm anyway, it will be awesome no matter how many copies!

But in the description they are saying it's limited to 750 copies. Maybe they changed it to combat the flippers on eBay? Or just a case of supply / demand. Either way, it's pretty naughty to tell people one thing, and then change it after they buy it. Tut, tut....

The real problem, is that I'm probably going to have to buy the silver and the purple box set too!  :mellow:

Edited by 58 Lemons

16 minutes ago, stupidmop said:

I think that the silver can't be a 500 copies limited. 

Received many mails from many stores with the silver edition on sale.

Yeah I agree, it doesn’t seem right. You you can buy it in lots of stores. 

But that said, it is only independent stores, so maybe it’s distributed like Record Store Day, they all get a few copies each?

I also read at one store, that it said “500 copies in the UK”. So maybe there are more copies worldwide? Really strange that this isn’t 100% clear. 

Edited by 58 Lemons

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ZeroNowhere said:

I enjoyed the song, but to me it sounds like a song that should have been on his recent solo record, not a Smashing Pumpkins record.

My exact thought when hearing this was "is this from another new solo album?" I don't mind it though. I don't think this record is going to be particularly good so not holding any unreal expectations here.