PO: SMASHING PUMPKINS "Shiny and Oh So Bright Vol 1: No Past No Future No Sun LP

dreamover

On 11/8/2018 at 1:45 PM, ZeroNowhere said:

I enjoyed the song, but to me it sounds like a song that should have been on his recent solo record, not a Smashing Pumpkins record.

It definitely doesn't fit on his last solo album but equally is a far call from SP.

Theres 2/3 aspects alone that has never been used on a SP song before and it's so jarring to what you expect of them/him. 

On 11/12/2018 at 3:05 PM, bjorn said:

I've been hoping for something more like the bonus tracks from Zeitgeist, Ma Belle and Stellar in particular. I felt those had some of that classic SP magic. Nothing I've heard so far from this reunion feels like that.

...and Death from Above is pretty great.   And Superchrist.  There was a classic album in those recordings. Pomp and Circumstance should've never seen the light if day.  God And Country was a good song that was butchered in the final version chosen that for the album. I've heard a killer acoustic version of that song. 

The subsequent Zeitgeist tours slayed. 

Edited by unravelled

This album is OK (only had 2 playthroughs), very much in line with what Billy was doing with Oceania and MtaE. If anything, based on early listens i probably put MtaE slightly ahead of this and Oceania.

If you thought that the inclusion of Chamberlain and Iha was going to reinstill the Gish/Siamese/Melon Collie sound then you're going to be bitterly disappointed. But most importantly, you probably need to accept the fact that bands change and evolve with age and they'll never sound like that again...

12 hours ago, nycmale said:

Went to my local today and picked up 2 copies of the mystery vinyl. Got lucky and one of them was the glow in the dark variant. Gonna spin it tonight!

I´m hardly searching for the GitD pressing.  Is there any difference that can be seen from the outside, whether it is the normal variant or the GitD variant? Or is the GitD variant noticeably heavier due to the enclosed posters? Would be glad about an info ;-)

I don't see why any singer/song writer would want too remain writing the same songs over and over their whole career. Prolly gets old. On that note, still waiting for my shipping confirmation on all variants of the "SAOSB" I ordered... That gitd variant would just be so awesome!

2 hours ago, nycmale said:

Will do.  Work has been hectic so I couldn't bust it out yet but Ill take some pics tonight and post to the board.  

Would love to see those pics!

To be honest, I do not trust the number of pressings. In all variants, except for the Spotify LP, the initially communicated circulation
numbers seem to be increased either retroactively (silver, gold) or in the case with the Black Friday Picture Disc, the circulation number
on their website has been removed. If you ask the BF Team, they say there are 1400 copies of the Picture Disc. If you ask the distributor
for the Picture Disc, he says that there are 4000 copies. If you ask again at the BF team, it says suddenly, there are 1400 copies only in the
US and they do not know how many there are worldwide. That's a big fake.
Edited by matchi

6 minutes ago, matchi said:

To be honest, I do not trust the number of pressings. In all variants, except for the Spotify LP, the initially communicated circulation
numbers seem to be increased either retroactively (silver, gold) or in the case with the Black Friday Picture Disc, the circulation number
on their website has been removed. If you ask the BF Team, they say there are 1400 copies of the Picture Disc. If you ask the distributor
for the Picture Disc, he says that there are 4000 copies. If you ask again at the BF team, it says suddenly, there are 1400 copies only in the
US and they do not know how many there are worldwide. That's a big fake.

I agree with you.  The gold was 500 than 750. Now the picture disc number is removed. Who knows if the GITD is only 500 out of 5000.