PO- Bloc Party- Silent Alarm reissue

CatsNJazz

Only 1 LP and no 7" with Little Thoughts? That sucks for anyone who doesn't have a copy of the older pressings. 

Thankfully I got my hands on the last repress. I was surprised to see they're still going for a hefty amount on Discogs. But this album is worth it. It's so damn good. 

Does anyone have the original 3LP? I found a copy at a local for like $60 a while back and it sounded so fucking unlistenably bad that I returned it. Wondering if it was a one off or pressing wide issue. Pretty sure Helicopter was sourced for that copy from the Guitar Hero DS game or something. Fucking awful.

hyped for this though, totally gonna grab one when it hits retail.

Looks like they’re doing a Silent Alarm tour, so this is probably coinciding with that tour.

What Records also has it listed.  I wonder if this will see a wider (US) release?

https://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/86554.htm

Also, you can get 10% off from the sound of Vinyl if you sign up for their mailing list.  That’s makes this $25.99 shipped to the US.

edit:  I used this code 

SOV10OFF1

Edited by highfives

12 hours ago, Rezqua said:

Does anyone have the original 3LP? I found a copy at a local for like $60 a while back and it sounded so fucking unlistenably bad that I returned it. Wondering if it was a one off or pressing wide issue. Pretty sure Helicopter was sourced for that copy from the Guitar Hero DS game or something. Fucking awful.

I have this. I haven’t spun it in a few years, but I’ve never thought it was awful. 

11 hours ago, Rezqua said:

I bought the original Dim Mak pressing when it was released and it sounded great.

11 hours ago, timsimmons said:

I have this. I haven’t spun it in a few years, but I’ve never thought it was awful. 

11 hours ago, xxmartinxx said:

I bought the original Dim Mak pressing when it was released and it sounded great.

See, I've had the worst luck with the Dim Mak press. I've been lucky enough to have two copies over the years, but both sounded poorly mastered from something digital and just sounded overpowered by hiss and distortion. The second copy sounded better on the earlier tracks of each side, but once you got near the label it started to almost sound like a bad FM radio.

Did I really get unlucky or am I just not being realistic about what a vinyl pressing of this record should sound like?

On 9/16/2018 at 5:45 PM, Rezqua said:

13 hours ago, timsimmons said:

13 hours ago, xxmartinxx said:

1 hour ago, Doomguy13 said:

See, I've had the worst luck with the Dim Mak press. I've been lucky enough to have two copies over the years, but both sounded poorly mastered from something digital and just sounded overpowered by hiss and distortion. The second copy sounded better on the earlier tracks of each side, but once you got near the label it started to almost sound like a bad FM radio.

Did I really get unlucky or am I just not being realistic about what a vinyl pressing of this record should sound like?

I was there when Rez bought his and I can confirm it sounded miserable. We threw it on and knew immediately something was off.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 3:06 AM, Stevenc1970 said:

The re-issue doesn't include the 7" because it's being released by Universal Records vs. Wichita (UK) or Vice (USA).

I'll probably stick with my original unplayed first press in mint shape personalized to me by the original line-up.

Lmfao holy shit what a post.