PO- Bloc Party- Silent Alarm reissue

CatsNJazz

1 minute ago, pepperonigin said:

Man, I should've bought this when it first dropped. Thought this was going to stick around for awhile.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/28135362/bloc-party-silent-alarm
https://www.vinyl-digital.com/en/Rock-Indie/Alternative-Indie/Silent-Alarm.html

15 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I didn't even think to check bull moose. Saw vinyl digital but didn't want to pay shipping from Europe. Many thanks.

2 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

If you can admit he's an infrequent poster, you can admit that no matter how many long-winded Proustian descriptions of "best norms" conformity you post, he by definition of being infrequent will not necessarily be hip to it. Seems like obvious logic to me but boy oh boy does it not even register with you.

If flexing about a special vinyl in your collection is some crime, please consider shitposting say all the uploads of pics people posts in the vapourwave thread, or the thread where you're invited to post images of your collection. Mixed messages like yours here is not exactly intuitive or obvious.

Long story short; seems like the one who needs to let it go is you. Like, who cares if Steve bragged for a post? Was it worth a pile-on in the name of social aptitude? Really? :lol:

For real, why do you have great difficulty reading or I guess just comprehending simple basic English when you clearly have a grasp of the more advanced bits? 

5 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

If you can admit he's an infrequent poster, you can admit that no matter how many long-winded Proustian descriptions of "best norms" conformity you post, he by definition of being infrequent will not necessarily be hip to it. Seems like obvious logic to me but boy oh boy does it not even register with you.

If flexing about a special vinyl in your collection is some crime, please consider shitposting say all the uploads of pics people posts in the vapourwave thread, or the thread where you're invited to post images of your collection. Mixed messages like yours here is not exactly intuitive or obvious.

Long story short; seems like the one who needs to let it go is you. Like, who cares if Steve bragged for a post? Was it worth a pile-on in the name of social aptitude? Really? :lol:

Are you naturally dense or just when it comes to online communities?  Yes, there is obviously a thread for posting photos of your collections.  People (snarkily?  Informatively?) redirect others, there, when their photos are otherwise out of place in the thread.  But outside of that, what are you going on about?  Because someone ordering this Bloc Party reissue and snapping a photo of it or the packaging - and uploading it here, in this thread - seems pretty acceptable to me.  Isn’t that how it normally works?  What threads are you referring to where someone barges in just to showcase a photo of a first press and brag about it?  I personally don’t see that, but I also don’t peruse a lot of the meme threads on this board.

Anyway.  Sunshine’s reaction to this guy’s flexing was 6 words, 23 characters.  One of them was literally “lmao”.  I don’t know what sort of sheltered life you must live if you assume that’s “pouncing and clawing” or whatever you accused him of doing, but I’m 99% confident that we wouldn’t be here if his reaction was tame or nonexistent.  Decay simply said the guy was ridiculous (and cute) and Steven’s defense was to immediately fire back that the guy spends all his free time on the board, and lives with his mom in Pennsylvania.  Completely unnecessary.  If you’re going to encourage that no one has fun with that level of absurd volatility, you can fuck right off and police another thread.  This guy is a potential goldmine and you don’t get to rob the community of that.

Edited by Derek™

Man, none of you think straight. Stop trying to be heroic. I guess if that's the way it is, then that's the way it is around here.

But, this could be an opportunity to rent a nice car since the price of gas is cheap, then take a lovely drive out to Brighton for the weekend while paying attention to the details as we go slowly, slowly down to the beach? 

Why'd you all have to get so hysterical? Just play it cool. 

Edited by rabbitvinyl

4 hours ago, rabbitvinyl said:

Man, none of you think straight. Stop trying to be heroic. I guess if that's the way it is, then that's the way it is around here.

But, this could be an opportunity to rent a nice car since the price of gas is cheap, then take a lovely drive out to Brighton for the weekend while paying attention to the details as we go slowly, slowly down to the beach? 

Why'd you all have to get so hysterical? Just play it cool. 

It took me until the bold bit to see what's going on here – could've been worse.

• 2 weeks later...