CatsNJazz

17 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Let’s recap:

- original

- unplayed

- first press

- mint shape

- personalized (to him) by the original line-up

Yes. You've got it! Kele wrote TO STEVEN on it... which initially bothered me...  Then I grew to appreciate that he thought I may try to sell it on eBay... which I would never. Yes it's original and unplayed and I've kept it in a Japanese resealable sleeve. Tip top shape. I was trying to figure out how to post a photo so I can rub it in more...  :) . LOOK, a lot of people have great stuff. This happens to be one of my faves that I have. It was $16.99 when it first came out. Some people weren't into vinyl yet then. It was before the resurgence. Others wanted to buy it but prioritized a dime bag and a super burrito instead. I preferred to own the record and the gentleman that I am, I had kept a second copy sealed (also bought for $17). Traded that to a friend that really wanted it for the first UK press of PULP's DIFFERENT CLASS with the changeable artwork. Another vinyl album I'm proud of...   

2 minutes ago, Stevenc1970 said:

Yes. You've got it! Kele wrote TO STEVEN on it... which initially bothered me...  Then I grew to appreciate that he thought I may try to sell it on eBay... which I would never. Yes it's original and unplayed and I've kept it in a Japanese resealable sleeve. Tip top shape. I was trying to figure out how to post a photo so I can rub it in more...  :) . LOOK, a lot of people have great stuff. This happens to be one of my faves that I have. It was $16.99 when it first came out. Some people weren't into vinyl yet then. It was before the resurgence. Others wanted to buy it but prioritized a dime bag and a super burrito instead. I preferred to own the record and the gentleman that I am, I had kept a second copy sealed (also bought for $17). Traded that to a friend that really wanted it for the first UK press of PULP's DIFFERENT CLASS with the changeable artwork. Another vinyl album I'm proud of...   

Give me a full day to process this, Steven.

2 minutes ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Yeah I totally think they're underselling it fitting all that in one sentence. Deserves to be listed everything is important.

yes. I should have. Next time I post something, I'll run it by you. When I send it to you, can I just put Sunshine? Or do I have to search for all of those emoticons?

6 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Just imagine being 48 and posting those gems.

What does this mean? Age? Oh so you're talking about age? This album came out when I was 34. No one in Bloc Party is young. They're all near 40. Not sure about the shitty kids... the original members. My record was signed in 2005. 

Perhaps wittiness and clever, unsolicited remarks will come to you with age because you sure as f--k aren't armed with those things now. If "Derek" is a band, let's pray you aren't the lyricist...   

Edited by Stevenc1970
punctuation

33 minutes ago, Stevenc1970 said:

What does this mean? Age? Oh so you're talking about age? This album came out when I was 34. No one in Bloc Party is young. They're all near 40. Not sure about the shitty kids... the original members. My record was signed in 2005. 

Perhaps wittiness and clever, unsolicited remarks will come to you with age because you sure as f--k aren't armed with those things now. If "Derek" is a band, let's pray you aren't the lyricist...   

You're a ridiculous human being, it's kinda cute in an endearing way

3 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

You're a ridiculous human being, it's kinda cute in an endearing way

Is being dull with no sign of a sense of humor a requirement for people who troll this forum?  I bet you're on here every day, aren't you? I bet you have like "Frequent poster" award and get off when you get a like on your dull, shitty comment. What's ridiculous is living with your mom in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, broke as a joke. Enjoy shoveling snow so your mom can get her 1987 Buick Skylark out of the driveway to go buy her cigarettes.  

5 hours ago, Stevenc1970 said:

My post had absolutely nothing to do with the band, the band members' age, or enjoying the band as an adult.  It has everything to do with being fascinated at how someone pushing 40 can be so detached from reality that they relentless sperg out in this thread.  Every post you make seems to just raise the bar.  Are you this bitter and easily offended in person?  Or it just an online shtick?  You seem miserable.

4 hours ago, Stevenc1970 said:

What's ridiculous is living with your mom in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, broke as a joke. Enjoy shoveling snow so your mom can get her 1987 Buick Skylark out of the driveway to go buy her cigarettes.  

At least his mom is still alive.

Objectively shitty/hypocritical of you @Derek™ to jump down this dude's throat and not the obvious trolls like @✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ who has literally nothing to contribute to threads outside of pouncing on then clawing at infrequent posters' words every chance he gets like he's the board's resident snark-panther, always on the prowl. "An hero" as the Bloc Party generation would say.

But I guess playing favourites is not beneath your personal capacity for degeneracy? Sure seems that way.

1 minute ago, armadillo01 said:

Objectively shitty/hypocritical of you @Derek™ to jump down this dude's throat and not the obvious trolls like @✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ who has literally nothing to contribute to threads outside of pouncing on then clawing at infrequent posters' words every chance he gets like he's the board's resident snark-panther, always on the prowl. "An hero" as the Bloc Party generation would say.

But I guess playing favourites is not beneath your personal capacity for degeneracy? Sure seems that way.

The wildest difference here is that anyone who's been on VC for more than a month knows that Sunshine's posts are solely to get a reaction and horse around.  He can act pompous with new faces because he's amused at where it takes the thread – I highly doubt the guy looks down his nose at other people in person.  But our bro Steven?  You don't make those caliber of posts without some sort of genuine disorder – mental, social, or otherwise.  Sunshine's posts are for laughs; this new guy is being sincere.  That's the big separator.

Also, how exactly was Sunshine trolling here?  He had the second post in the entire thread, where he thanked OP for the good news.  Then at the bottom of the same page, he chimed in with how ridiculous "original unplayed first press in mint shape personalized to me by the original line-up" is, as a descriptor, which several others seem to agree with and ridicule.  The responses he got were just as volatile and ridiculous as he'd hope to get, and that's why he does it.  If Steven would've just replied with "yeah it's mint because it's sentimental to me or whatever" and shared a photo or something, no one would say shit and we'd all move on.  Sunshine pawed at the hornet's nest – as he tends to do; you've been on VC for a while, haven't you? – sure... but I see no need to chastise him just because the defending swarm is 40 years old and socially inept.

Tfw when your attempt at rationalizing your boy's needless, snarklord-because-insecure-af replies is garbage bc it's an essay long reoly and your only argument is "he's funny" and "others are piling in, too" (as if no adults has ever replied with "...and if they all jumped off a hill would you follow them, too?" when you've used that excuse) while lowkey admitting his demeanour is not copacetic :rolleyes: whereas Steven has to comply to your bizzarely specific alternate-reality version of events to avoid being mocked??? I would think an expert on social ineptness would avoid obvious quicksand like that, hombre.

Keep mocking his age btw. That's being a paragon of classy awesomeness right thurr. Something something stones glass houses.

5 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

Tfw when your attempt at rationalizing your boy's needless, snarklord-because-insecure-af replies is garbage bc it's an essay long reoly and your only argument is "he's funny" and "others are piling in, too" (as if no adults has ever replied with "...and if they all jumped off a hill would you follow them, too?" when you've used that excuse) while lowkey admitting his demeanour is not copacetic :rolleyes: whereas Steven has to comply to your bizzarely specific alternate-reality version of events to avoid being mocked??? I would think an expert on social ineptness would avoid obvious quicksand like that, hombre.

Keep mocking his age btw. That's being a paragon of classy awesomeness right thurr. Something something stones glass houses.

Why are you so upset?  Genuinely curious.  And age itself is not something worth mocking – some of my favorite users on here are old enough to be one of my parents.  I would still call him out for posting cringe shit, either way, but the fact he’s 3x’s too old for that garbage just makes it that much worse.

Seriously, what is your horse in this race?  You’ve never tried to steamroll my nuts before and this seems like such a trivial thing to call me out on.  The dude is a genuine tool and I’ve seen enough Shaq Cat gif threads to know that this whole topic will become a pretty amusing tire fire if he’s going to continue insulting any and every poster who quotes him.

Also.

bizzarely specific alternate-realityversion of events

What the fuck are you even on about?  Haha.  Do you actually read your posts before submitting them?  Think about this one for a second.

We were having a discussion about the reissue of this album.

Homeslice comes in to flex about a copy he’s kept sealed for a decade+.

He’ll “probably stick to it” – as in, he doesn’t need a different version – because the one he’s got has been treating him so well over the years.

[Here’s where that eyeroll emoticon of yours goes.  Right here.  In these brackets.]

VC has always ridiculed this kind of shit and you know it.  I don’t know why you’re pretending like this is a new thing.  Moreover, I’m legitimately confused why you think that me agreeing that it’s silly as shit means that I’m pinning his actions into some “bizarrely specific alternate-reality”.  Because, uhh... they’re not.  It’s the way VC has operated for the entirety of the time I’ve been active on it.  Imagine if in a Converge repress thread, some fucking goober chirped in “This repress is cool and all but I think I’m going to just stick with my unplayed, framed first press that Bannon signed after I harassed him at a show”.  You really think that’d go over just fine, huh?  And that this theoretical poster should be immune from ridicule?  I think you’ve mistakenly assumed the internet is no longer on the same timeline it’s always been on.  You should consider unplugging your router for a week and trying to recalibrate – notably when it comes to deciphering what does and doesn’t constitute a smarmy response.  Especially on this board.

It also seems like you have some beef with Sunshine that I don’t really care to play armchair psychologist with.  Did you maybe want to try working that out with him in a PM, instead of trying to chap the ass of anyone who sides with his snarky trolling?  I see a lot of people try to beat their chest and shit on new users for no real reason – proving their seniority, I guess? – but that’s not at all the case in this thread.  I don’t know what’s in it for you, in defending this Steven troll, but rest assured that all of his responses have warranted (and will continue to warrant) equal amounts of smug jabs from all parties involved.  Do you perhaps have a list of additional Sunshine posts you’d like me to evaluate and defend?  PM me and I’ll see what I can do.

Hope your weekend treats you well, man.  Seems like you can really use a break.

If you can admit he's an infrequent poster, you can admit that no matter how many long-winded Proustian descriptions of "best norms" conformity you post, he by definition of being infrequent will not necessarily be hip to it. Seems like obvious logic to me but boy oh boy does it not even register with you.

If flexing about a special vinyl in your collection is some crime, please consider shitposting say all the uploads of pics people posts in the vapourwave thread, or the thread where you're invited to post images of your collection. Mixed messages like yours here is not exactly intuitive or obvious.

Long story short; seems like the one who needs to let it go is you. Like, who cares if Steve bragged for a post? Was it worth a pile-on in the name of social aptitude? Really? :lol:

My favorite Derek album is Derek's Dirtybirds I bought a copy in Istanbul back in '99 and I've kept it in a hand-woven silk outer sleeve ever since.  It's in peak form and at the time I only payed about 16 Turkish Lira.  No one even knew what vinyl was at the time - everyone was spending their Lira on Cherry Coke Slurpees and hotdogs. I had him make it out to Joe - that's not my name, but I figured when I go to flip it on ebay in a few decades there is bound to be a fan named Joe out there willing to pay a pretty penny. I had another copy way back, but I traded it around '04 for a pristine copy of Shleby's seminal classic Shlabia. Another vinyl album i'm quite proud of...