Shipping to Belgium - help?

So I ship internationally a lot. Usually the items aren't super valuable and I've never had a problem. I just had a guy offer me over the $400 limit for USPS First Class International. It only matters because I'm going to get insurance for it so I have to put the actual value or I'd just put what I paid. Anyone have any ideas for how to ship it? I don't think 7"s fit in any of the flat rat boxes under $40.

39 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

USPS International Priority - for something as light as a 7” you shouldn’t need a flat-rate box. It’s tracked and you can add however much insurance you want.

This. Plus, you cannot purchase insurance with First Class International. Your cost for shipping should be around $45-50 with insurance included. You'll also get updated tracking during each phase of the shipment.

@unknown pleasures @Shrekular Haze Thanks guys. Totally missed that option. Looks like it'll be about $56 with insurance up to $650 which doesn't cover the whole record, but it's enough. Maybe cheaper when I get the label through paypal.

I'm also thinking I may be able to use a flat rate envelope. Potentially even just stick the mailer in it as long as it will close without extra tapes they're supposed to take it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 12:50 AM, sabukweli said:

How dare you not tell us what you're selling for that much! :PSeriously though, I'm dying to know.

Agnostic Front - United Blood 35th Anniversary edition. I imagine the guy had trouble getting someone that would ship overseas because they're not selling for that much.