Megadeth-RIP blue vinyl

3 hours ago, ntslash said:

I read somewhere recently that the Capitol Vaults reissue used the original mix. Not true? 

Correct. Vaults LP uses the original mix for RIP. I would love Youth and CW, but if they are the 2004 remixes, I would pass. Those 2 aren’t as bad as RIP, but they still sound funny to me.

Had been holding off on this, went ahead and picked up a 2008 Capitol Vaults copy for $17 on discogs instead. If you're in this for the music itself and not "OMG the colorzzzz" I'd suggest voting with your wallet, otherwise people will keep putting out subpar releases/mixes like this.

6 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Had been holding off on this, went ahead and picked up a 2008 Capitol Vaults copy for $17 on discogs instead. If you're in this for the music itself and not "OMG the colorzzzz" I'd suggest voting with your wallet, otherwise people will keep putting out subpar releases/mixes like this.

Oh wow, you're so cool and authentic bro, enjoy your worthless black vinyl.

Edited by Spintheblackcircle

3 hours ago, Spintheblackcircle said:

Oh wow, you're so cool and authentic bro, enjoy your worthless black vinyl.

Cool, cool.

I'll enjoy my "worthless" listenable copy of this, while you enjoy your suuuuper cool looking, but poor sounding re-mix/master that will also be worth nothing in the coming years just like the 2004 pressing since this uses the same plates.

I'm glad we had this little chat. You seem like a very smart person who cares about the sound quality of their records and not just collecting them to look cool.

As everyone who has been here more than a month knows, I don't have anything against colored vinyl in general. The "remaster" of this album in 2004 was terrible though and they're using that same mix on this one version. The original cut was used on the 2008 Capitol Vaults reissue and is a far better version of the album, so this reissue is strictly about the color.

17 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

So is the 2004 remixed?

Not sure if you're being sarcastic since I mentioned it so many times, but yes it's referred to as a remaster, but it's mostly a tweaked mix and everything is brickwalled and compressed and sounds flat as can be.

Edited by Ishtar

1 hour ago, Ishtar said:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic since I mentioned it so many times, but yes it's referred to as a remaster, but it's mostly a tweaked mix and everything is brickwalled and compressed and sounds flat as can be.

Not being sarcastic, lol. I've been reading a lot on the Hoffman boards that there is a RIP version that has vocals either rerecorded or remixed. And I'm wondering if this (2004) is the one.

33 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Not being sarcastic, lol. I've been reading a lot on the Hoffman boards that there is a RIP version that has vocals either rerecorded or remixed. And I'm wondering if this (2004) is the one.

Yes, it's the 2004 which is being used for this pressing as well.

Even if you just look up comparisons on YouTube you can tell a huge difference in the quality which says a lot.

Edited by Ishtar

6 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Cool, cool.

I'll enjoy my "worthless" listenable copy of this, while you enjoy your suuuuper cool looking, but poor sounding re-mix/master that will also be worth nothing in the coming years just like the 2004 pressing since this uses the same plates.

I'm glad we had this little chat. You seem like a very smart person who cares about the sound quality of their records and not just collecting them to look cool.

As everyone who has been here more than a month knows, I don't have anything against colored vinyl in general. The "remaster" of this album in 2004 was terrible though and they're using that same mix on this one version. The original cut was used on the 2008 Capitol Vaults reissue and is a far better version of the album, so this reissue is strictly about the color.

Appreciate the essay bro. Dave would be proud.

7 minutes ago, Spintheblackcircle said:

Appreciate the essay bro. Dave would be proud.

Actually since Dave did the crummy 2004 remaster everything you've said in this thread has either been wrong, stupid, or both. I'm done feeding your trolling though since you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited by Ishtar

3 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Actually since Dave did the crummy 2004 remaster everything you've said in this thread has either been wrong, stupid, or both. I'm done feeding your trolling though since you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Sure thing bro, appreciate it bro, glad to know you'll never reply to me again, at least your jimmies were successfully rustled. Dave's proud of you bro.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

It's been a while since I listened to my OG, but I don't remember it sounding bad by any means. 

I don't have any originals. Too bad no one can repress that one. I honestly only have one good sounding Megadeth LP and it's the RIP from 2008. Not saying I've heard every slab out there, but I've heard quite a few and I haven't heard much good about many others.