¿ E X T A N T ?

Hanging up records safely?

3 hours ago, ¿ E X T A N T ? said:

I want to put some records on to the wall but prevent them from getting dusty. But I still want to be able to play them without having to actually open a frame every time I do so. Is there anyone who has seen a product that provides that or knows a DIY method of achieving that?

I have a bunch of these, they're great

1 minute ago, KingTacoMunster said:

after all these years, still don't get this hanging records on the wall thing...maybe 1 for a "now playing" kinda deal but nah

That's what I use them for.  I just have four so I can queue up a few records for listening.  If I'm digging a cover or gatefold art (you can put them side by side to display a gatefold) I might leave it up for a bit before rotating it out.

There is no point in permanent display, just print out a copy of the art and frame it.

4 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

after all these years, still don't get this hanging records on the wall thing...maybe 1 for a "now playing" kinda deal but nah

I mean, I "get" it. Even I have a few on the wall, but they're albums I have doubles of and are the more expensive variants. I wouldn't hang any more than what I have hanging (the frames were actually gifts) and certainly nothing I had to take down to listen to.

This isn't what OP is looking for but I have one that I use for "new arrival" and "in rotation" records and it's dope. I can't see framed records being anything but a pain in the ass if you want to listen to them.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079THJNLY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.1rOBbCT0Q6J3

https://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/functional/10372/10757/?chapterId=16305

these are the best and look the best too. 

I have have a whole wall of three rows of them connected and it looks like a mini record store 

Edited by museummouth