PO Calexico - The Black Light 20th Anniversary Reissue

freverend

7 hours ago, freverend said:

Nobody? Wow, I knew that they are more popular over here in Europe...but nobody?B)

Uh did you post to post, or to get reacts? I mean, I'm excited, and Man Goes Where Water Flows is a great song but Calexico are as popular now as the Mekons were in the 2000s. They're a cult band here. They fill mid-sized venues but expecting a lot of traction for them on here is expecting a lot. Unlike Lampchop, they're very political about Mexico/U.S. border issues so that's a turn-off, unfortunately, for many Americans, including people in this forum, no doubt.

18 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

Uh did you post to post, or to get reacts? I mean, I'm excited, and Man Goes Where Water Flows is a great song but Calexico are as popular now as the Mekons were in the 2000s. They're a cult band here. They fill mid-sized venues but expecting a lot of traction for them on here is expecting a lot. Unlike Lampchop, they're very political about Mexico/U.S. border issues so that's a turn-off, unfortunately, for many Americans, including people in this forum, no doubt.

Thanks, and I really thought nobody cares. But I can understand - also as a huge Lambchop fan - what you're talking about.

6 hours ago, DC1221 said:

I've been meaning to get into this band for a long time. Loved their work with Iron and Wine. Is this album a good starting point?

Oh yes, I would say so, but I would then skip to Feast of Wire next. Hot Rail is the third-best of their early era IMO.

Also check out their comp. albums Some of their best songs are non-album tracks. Heck, even the remixes by IDM artists are fun.