PO: Nujabes - Metaphorical Music (03 Nov 2018)

yarostino

Hydeout Productions finally are pressing Nujabes' first record "Metaphorical Music" on vinyl! It looks like a Japan-only release, the release date is supposed to be 03 November and it seems to be sold out already in the places that I've seen it pop up on.

For international orders HMV.co.jp and CDJapan.co.jp usually work out pretty well:

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Nujabes_000000000215042/item_metaphorical-music_9212023

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEODAI-46188?s_ssid=e343de5baa24743d3

It's also available via Tower Records. They do not ship internationally... you can use a proxy service though:

https://tower.jp/item/4806921/Metaphorical-Music<レコードの日対象商品>

Pre-orders on Amazon.co.jp have not popped up (yet?!). HMV happen to put up releases in batches so it might become available there again?

Good luck! ;)

2 minutes ago, CatsNJazz said:

One of the greatest albums of all time. I really want all of the Luv Sic songs on wax too but those singles are so damn expensive, I'm holding out hope for US pressings eventually 

Hydeout have been really restrictive when it came to Nujabes rereleases in the past. Maybe it will change with this release?

3 hours ago, PookdaddyG said:

I ordered mine yesterday and it came out to $48 shipped. Now they just need to press his other two albums! Also a repress of his soundtracks wouldn’t hurt either.

If you want to save some $$$, I ordered through the proxy service Buyee (mostly due to not being able to checkout via the Tower Records garbage site), and the total shipped came to $42.  It's more hoops to jump through but I think it worked.

13 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

If you want to save some $$$, I ordered through the proxy service Buyee (mostly due to not being able to checkout via the Tower Records garbage site), and the total shipped came to $42.  It's more hoops to jump through but I think it worked.

Is it in stock from Tower? I have a Buyee account but don't want to accidentally submit an order if it's out of stock.

11 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Do you have a direct link to the Buyee product page? Couldn't find the vinyl on there when I looked last night.

Go to Buyee and go to add site, then you have to go to tower records and use the buyee extension to add it to your cart

50 minutes ago, Squard said:

Is it in stock from Tower? I have a Buyee account but don't want to accidentally submit an order if it's out of stock. 

Go to Buyee and go to add site, then you have to go to tower records and use the buyee extension to add it to your cart

When I submitted mine this morning it was showing as in-stock.  I think there is perhaps more stock allocated for purchases directly within Japan than purchases overseas, or something along those lines, because I got it in my cart immediately when going through the Buyee interface.

2 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

This has now been available for 8 straight hours from HMV and diskunion so I’m thinking it’s not as scarce as originally thought.

I'm not sure if relevant or not, but I've noticed that the HMV copies don't say anything about RSD '18.  I'm wondering if the Tower Records copies were special in some way.

• 2 years later...