PO NOW: MONO - Nowhere Now Here (out 1/25/19)

kisol

On 5/17/2019 at 9:06 AM, voltagedrop said:

Just an update that at last night's show in Toronto, they did not have any copies of the anniversary edition of Hymn. Just vinyl/CD copies of pretty much every album and the latest Taka solo record.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm expecting they'll have it in NYC since TRL is located there, but I'll let you guys know after we go!

1 hour ago, omik11303 said:

What was the cost? And how was the merch spread? I’ll be at the DC show tonight.

$20 for single LP, $25 for 2xLP, had a bunch of generic band shirts as well as specific album shirts (nowhere now here, and requiem for hell)

had a bunch of LPs too,  you are there, hymn (earlier release), last dawn/rays of darkness, (don't recall seeing requiem) and nowhere now here.

edit: i should also say that the show was incredible. my first time seeing them live. they have this extra gear they reach in terms of noise. it's like you think they're playing loud, and then they take it up a notch out of nowhere. it's incredible.

Edited by Paddy

On 5/23/2019 at 12:18 AM, Paddy said:

no sign of the anniversary edition of hymn at the NYC show

i did pick up the purple/blood moon variant of nowhere now here though.

ps. sorry if i shushed* any of you guys, but if i did you deserved it.

*by shushed i mean told to shut the f* up

That was me with the "We love you Emma!"  I wish I knew her set STARTED at 9, we missed about half of it.  Mono was fucking awesome, and I'm glad the talking was at a minimum.  Also glad that the room was packed.  That was also me who screamed "FUCK YES!" when Com(?) started :P   Sorry not sorry

My girlfriend and I actually got to meet Taka and Yoda after the show.  I asked them why they brought Com(?) back and Taka said it's because the new drummer is more "rock". 

This is very sadistic of me, but I kind of reveled in seeing all the twerpy kids with their fingers in their ears for the show; Mono is LOUD. 

On 5/23/2019 at 10:36 AM, Paddy said:

edit: i should also say that the show was incredible. my first time seeing them live. they have this extra gear they reach in terms of noise. it's like you think they're playing loud, and then they take it up a notch out of nowhere. it's incredible.

Same for me, first time.  I was actually a little under-whelmed at the volume level at first, because I had heard how ridiculously loud their shows are.  But when they kicked it up into the overdrive sections, and then Taka turns his wah-wah pedal and booster on, oh man.  Fucking look out.  Like, no joke - you NEED earplugs for this. 

I had earplugs in the whole time, and my right ear (which was facing the stage, we were on the right balcony thing) was numb after the show. 

23 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I had earplugs in the whole time, and my right ear (which was facing the stage, we were on the right balcony thing) was numb after the show. 

i came prepared too. i’ve been to well over 100 shows and wednesday night was the second time i had earplugs at a show. the only other time was this will destroy you, and even that time was when they were selling earplugs at the merch table.  as soon as i saw mono bring back com(?) i knew i had to act

Edited by iameasytofind

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Ya’ll are crazy for not using hearing protection at shows.  That’s all I’ve got.

For real. I've told this story before I'm sure, but  I pretty much lost my hearing for about 3 days after a TOMBS show once a long time ago. I wear ear protection always now.

15 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Ya’ll are crazy for not using hearing protection at shows.  That’s all I’ve got.

I'm 33 and am already experiencing hearing issues due to my negligence on this front as a youth.  All those old death metal and hardcore shows I did in high school, i never wore them.  Didn't matter what band (Hatebreed, Skinless, Suffocation, Converge, etc etc etc) I never did it. 

But now I prefer it because it makes the sound better.  I have some nice Planet Waves ones I use for the stage with my band, and I used them on Wed.  Only about $10 but so, so worth it. 

Even with them in, when Taka turns on his wah pedal and boost, that shit is fucking gnarly.  Like, literally gnarly.  Most of it, I think, is due to the mid-range frequencies being boosted but holy good fuck, is that an impenetrable wall of sound. 

18 hours ago, Derek™ said:

^ THIS. Aside from being in bands and obsessed with music, I'm an ornithologist in real life, so my hearing is super important. I cringe looking around at shows when people don't have hearing protection in.  Stay safe kids...

• 3 weeks later...

Did you grab Eluvium's Pianoworks from TRL?  That was on "iridescent pearl" (vs. iridescent sand) and is one of the most unique looking records in my collection.  Assuming it shares the same "iridescent" traits, it captures and reflects lights in a really unique manner and almost glows like the name would imply.  Super well done, I'm stoked to see how this one turns out.  Plus the green-blue color combo has been done to death for this release, and knocked out of the park by Newbury if you ask me.

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Did you grab Eluvium's Pianoworks from TRL?  That was on "iridescent pearl" (vs. iridescent sand) and is one of the most unique looking records in my collection.  Assuming it shares the same "iridescent" traits, it captures and reflects lights in a really unique manner and almost glows like the name would imply.  Super well done, I'm stoked to see how this one turns out.  Plus the green-blue color combo has been done to death for this release, and knocked out of the park by Newbury if you ask me.

already have the newbury release. i just hope the color of this release aligns closer to the color of the artwork, i.e closer to gold. the mock up looks perfect. 

2 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

lol they look exactly the same, texture-wise, in the center. 

R-13800183-1561467798-5303.jpeg.jpgR-10753158-1503688650-3106.jpeg.jpg

I mean, yeah, they’ve got a wavy texture in the middle.  But earlier in this thread I called out that TRL’s take on “iridescent” anything is next-level.  (The one dude finally got it once his copy showed up.)  You don’t really understand until you have it in front of you, and these claims of “I’ve bought a lot of colored vinyl but I’ve never owned anything that looks quite like this” have some merit and truth to them.