PO NOW: MONO - Nowhere Now Here (out 1/25/19)

kisol

Just now, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Y’all making me regret going with the blue green one :(

idc what color it is cause it’s just a great listen but that sounds cool

I think Bull Moose had “iridescent” in the description of that one too, but I thought I saw a product shot where they looked fairly basic and translucent?  You’ll have to let us know how they are when they show up.  You could be in for a treat, potentially.

Just now, Derek™ said:

I think Bull Moose had “iridescent” in the description of that one too, but I thought I saw a product shot where they looked fairly basic and translucent?  You’ll have to let us know how they are when they show up.  You could be in for a treat, potentially.

Got it last week, it looks wonderful. If you remember the primary smoke FJM from VMP last year and the way the colors sort of looked like shiny swatches instead of standard smoke or splatter, this one kind of mimics that. The blue is a nice ocean color with iridescent green and darker blue swatches and the green is a nice seafoam with purple and greenish blue swatches. Zero complaints here and I’m not gonna double up on a sand colored one cause I just don’t need two copies. On the whole I’m really impressed with the way this came out.

1 minute ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Got it last week, it looks wonderful. If you remember the primary smoke FJM from VMP last year and the way the colors sort of looked like shiny swatches instead of standard smoke or splatter, this one kind of mimics that. The blue is a nice ocean color with iridescent green and darker blue swatches and the green is a nice seafoam with purple and greenish blue swatches. Zero complaints here and I’m not gonna double up on a sand colored one cause I just don’t need two copies. On the whole I’m really impressed with the way this came out.

Nice.  If you felt like snapping a pic or two later, that would be sweet because I’m not spotting any at the moment.  Sounds pretty well-done though.  And I misspoke – BM had it listed as “metallic”.  (I take it they missed the mark with that descriptor based off what you’re saying?)

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Nice.  If you felt like snapping a pic or two later, that would be sweet because I’m not spotting any at the moment.  Sounds pretty well-done though.  And I misspoke – BM had it listed as “metallic”.  (I take it they missed the mark with that descriptor based off what you’re saying?)

Nah I would say they got it close if not exact, there's definitely a metallic sheen to 'em. I'm actually about to go home for lunch so I can definitely do that in a bit here.

18 minutes ago, ethereal said:

you realize that's the art style and not the actual resolution right?

the original hymn artwork was in a similar style.

Guess I should take a closer look. It looked resolution related look to me though, like blurred pixels from when an image is stretched beyond its original dimensions.

i would say you can't go wrong with either variant. i was a little underwhelmed by the iridescent after watching the unboxing video on IG and was that close from cancelling the order with TRL. but once i saw it in person i was pleasantly surprised by it, perhaps helped by low expectations.

my buddy has the blue/green and that looks very nice too. and like most people I prefer record colors to match with album artwork (although the blue green align more closely with the original artwork).