Sign in to follow this  
kisol

PO NOW: MONO - Nowhere Now Here (out 1/25/19)

On 1/30/2019 at 7:16 PM, mrewest said:

Haha I completely understand why you would say that.  The band I thought of when listening to this album was Silent Whale, who I can’t say I dislike but their whole grandiose balls to the wall approach about 90% of the time gets overwhelming eventually & I start looking at the clock. This album was spaced apart perfectly as to not overstay its welcome at any point.

I suppose if you (or anyone) wants to give me an “order” of what to check out I’ll gladly put that on my to-do list.

On 1/31/2019 at 1:48 PM, omik11303 said:

FWIW I would highly recommend One Step More and You Die.

A)  Silent Whale is amazing and don't you dare say anything about about them.  I don't even care if the entire band is a cover of "You Are There" XD XD XD

B ) One Step More is my favorite Mono album without question.  It does everything.  It's beautiful, and it's fucking heavy.  Flawless. 

C) All of their records are remarkably consistent, they just vary a bit.  I find Walking Cloud and For My Parents to be my least favorite because they're more sparse and pastoral in a way...   For My Parents is like the height of their orchestral stuff.  It only has one song I really like (which is Dream Odyssey and it absolutely rules).

D) Under The Pipal Tree is awesome but it's like a completely different band.  They didn't become the Mono of today until One Step More.  "Kidnapper Bell" though dude..... 

Hymn is probably their biggest record and it's very good, but Requiem For Hell is the album that converted me.  It's rather compact, and gives you a great look at their style.  This new album is killer too.  As are Rays of Darkness and the Last Dawn.  There's a lot.  It will take time haha

I fucking love Mono and I used to hate them lol.  They just take a while to "get" I guess.

19 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

A)  Silent Whale is amazing and don't you dare say anything about about them.  I don't even care if the entire band is a cover of "You Are There" XD XD XD

B ) One Step More is my favorite Mono album without question.  It does everything.  It's beautiful, and it's fucking heavy.  Flawless. 

C) All of their records are remarkably consistent, they just vary a bit.  I find Walking Cloud and For My Parents to be my least favorite because they're more sparse and pastoral in a way...   For My Parents is like the height of their orchestral stuff.  It only has one song I really like (which is Dream Odyssey and it absolutely rules).

D) Under The Pipal Tree is awesome but it's like a completely different band.  They didn't become the Mono of today until One Step More.  "Kidnapper Bell" though dude..... 

Hymn is probably their biggest record and it's very good, but Requiem For Hell is the album that converted me.  It's rather compact, and gives you a great look at their style.  This new album is killer too.  As are Rays of Darkness and the Last Dawn.  There's a lot.  It will take time haha

I fucking love Mono and I used to hate them lol.  They just take a while to "get" I guess.

Agree with you on for my parents being one of the weaker Mono albums. "Legend" gives me goosebumps every time I hear it though.