Black Friday RSD 2018

When I first googled this and clicked on the first link I found a lot of things that sounded interesting. Then I stumbled across a few releases I realized where old. Looked up and realized the top of list said 2016 - though for some reason the url said 2012. Found the real list.... not that interested... 

Question about those who mention interest in swift. Aren’t these first releases? What makes the record store day ones different from the copies that will be pressed later? 

Just wondering if its it’s worth waiting early in the morning for on Black Friday... 

39 minutes ago, DoublesGuy said:

Nothing for me this year. But I did learn that Daughters ST is getting repressed through that Excel sheet, so I'm excited about that.

Thank you so much for letting me know, otherwise I never would've waded through that spreadsheet. MSRP of $16.98 is nice too.  Super excited.

As for how things are lookin' for me this year, I'm gonna have to say I don't really want anything except two maybes:

Germs - What We Do Is Secret (this'll probably be overpriced, beyond what I'd pay for what's basically outtakes)
Type O Neg - Bloody Kisses (I might get this if I have the cash for it just from FOMO but the only O- album I really dig is SD&H)

I feel like the sleeper record on these lists is that reissue of Herbie Hancock’s Flood. Originally released in Japan only, it’s always been hard to get in the States. I know he’s not at all popular on here, or among people under 50 for that matter, but this album is hot. 

Jim Henson’s Emmet Otter’s Jugband Christmas  

Dave Matthews Live Trax Prism Coffeehouse  

DMB Live Trax 2/22/94  

Chris Cornell When Bad Does Good  7”  - probably pass on this due to it being on the boxset coming out shortly.

Garbage Destroying Angels 7”  

Green River Away in a Manger/Blue Christmas 7”  

U2 Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me  12”  

1 hour ago, jact16 said:

Question about those who mention interest in swift. Aren’t these first releases? What makes the record store day ones different from the copies that will be pressed later? 

Just wondering if its it’s worth waiting early in the morning for on Black Friday... 

If you want to get technical...these ones coming out for RSDBF are essentially reissues. Speak Now and Red have already come out on vinyl but could be argued that they're "out of print".  These RSDBF ones will be on some color vinyl (originals were regular black) and limited and numbered.

Same thing was done for RSD when Self-Titled, Fearless, and 1989 were reissued on color vinyl also. And also limited and numbered.

36 minutes ago, jhulud said:

How does one exactly go about losing a box set that big?!?!

Long and sad story. In 2012 I wasn't living somewhere where I could store my records, and I was on tour all of that year, so I stored them at my grandma's house. Kept them there for a little while, everything was good, until 2014 when all of a sudden they had to move them, while I was away on tour, to my uncle's storage unit, by themselves. Once I was able to get the records out, a lot of them were damaged, and stored improperly and just a fucking mess. None of the damage was that bad, thankfully, but a shitty situation and a fucking sad sight to be seen and to deal with. Anyways... in that whole move and bullshit, the boxset was set away in a separate box. I looked all over my grandma's house, so it must be in the storage unit somewhere, and getting that asshole to get me to look for it, isn't easy. Hopefully it's safe and unharmed. 

43 minutes ago, jhulud said:

If you want to get technical...these ones coming out for RSDBF are essentially reissues. Speak Now and Red have already come out on vinyl but could be argued that they're "out of print".  These RSDBF ones will be on some color vinyl (originals were regular black) and limited and numbered.

Same thing was done for RSD when Self-Titled, Fearless, and 1989 were reissued on color vinyl also. And also limited and numbered.

Ohhh! I had no idea. Thank you!