Black Friday RSD 2018

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, vinny0190 said:

Saw that the Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas soundtrack is finally getting a vinyl release. I don't know how I'm going to get it but I have to, my wife and I had a song from it in our wedding so it's kind of a big deal.

Oh holy shit. My wife and sister in law would love that

1 hour ago, vinny0190 said:

Saw that the Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas soundtrack is finally getting a vinyl release. I don't know how I'm going to get it but I have to, my wife and I had a song from it in our wedding so it's kind of a big deal.

we're not birds, we're a jugband.

On 10/14/2018 at 10:33 AM, ejc625 said:

Just noticed Manchester Orchestra's Black Mile Demos was on the list. Would love to somehow get one of those.

God damn it bro, give me Making Moves on vinyl!  Such an overlooked side project.  What does Fran do now?  Need more of his voice in my life.

12 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Been craving this album on vinyl since it was released. 

damn bro, thats been a longggg decade plus wait.  I dont see it ever happening.  Probably didnt even sell 1,000 cd copies when it came out.  No need to press it.  I feel lucky enough to have seen them and video taped the whole thing man y many moons ago.

1 hour ago, Rottengoth said:

Anyone live in Portland Oregon going RSD shopping? I’m going to be visiting there for vacation and don’t know any stores that would be good for RSD.

mostly just trying to pick both Type O releases and RATM

I don’t live in Portland but have gone record shopping there many times and would think your best bets are:

Music Millenium

Everyday Music

2nd Avenue Records 

MM and EM are both huge and always get tons of RSD stuff. 2nd Ave is a little smaller but right downtown so depending on where you’re staying may be a little more convenient. 

Jackpot is is pretty good, too, come to think of it. I’d just map out whichever of these four is closest/most convenient for you and you really can’t go wrong. 

25 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

I don’t live in Portland but have gone record shopping there many times and would think your best bets are:

Music Millenium

Everyday Music

2nd Avenue Records 

MM and EM are both huge and always get tons of RSD stuff. 2nd Ave is a little smaller but right downtown so depending on where you’re staying may be a little more convenient. 

Jackpot is is pretty good, too, come to think of it. I’d just map out whichever of these four is closest/most convenient for you and you really can’t go wrong. 

Really appreciate the feedback. Thank you!

Looks like some cool stuff coming from Dine Alone Records:

https://www.dinealonestore.com/collections/black-friday

I am definitely in for those two Attack in Black records (repress of Curve of the Earth and a live album).

Hoping they don't sell out of the variants too early. I likely won't be able to get to the shop until lunchtime.