Black Friday RSD 2018

2 hours ago, Subdomestic said:

Looks like some cool stuff coming from Dine Alone Records:

https://www.dinealonestore.com/collections/black-friday

I am definitely in for those two Attack in Black records (repress of Curve of the Earth and a live album).

Hoping they don't sell out of the variants too early. I likely won't be able to get to the shop until lunchtime.

If anyone is physically going to their physical store, I will pay you an arm and a kidney to get me the Alexisonfire releases. 

Just PM me and we can arrange a deal. I want all four but am especially keen on watch out and S/T.

37 minutes ago, Rottengoth said:

Yeah I’m going to hit 2nd Avenue Records since it’s closest to my hotel.

Good choice. It's my favorite of the ones listed by far. I think you'll really enjoy it. The metal section is in the back left corner if you're looking for any non-RSD stuff

3 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Good choice. It's my favorite of the ones listed by far. I think you'll really enjoy it. The metal section is in the back left corner if you're looking for any non-RSD stuff

Mostly just going for those three releases so hopefully I’ll be able to snag those. 

1 hour ago, Rottengoth said:

Mostly just going for those three releases so hopefully I’ll be able to snag those. 

They usually get a bunch of everything. People line up pretty early there though from what I remember. I don't bother going down there anymore for RSD, but it's still probably my second favorite record store in town.

On 11/14/2018 at 5:58 PM, AndrewNstuff said:

I have to work on Black Friday. If anyone is able to find and pickup Babymetal's "Distortion" 12" I'll gladly paypal/venmo you immediately and cover the shipping of course.  

Looks like this is up at Bullmoose:

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/28431372/babymetal-distortion-red-vinyl

On 11/14/2018 at 5:58 PM, AndrewNstuff said:

I have to work on Black Friday. If anyone is able to find and pickup Babymetal's "Distortion" 12" I'll gladly paypal/venmo you immediately and cover the shipping of course.  

Someone else replied to this with a Bull Moose link, but it's also up on Banquet Records https://www.banquetrecords.com/babymetal/distortion-[black-friday-18]/FRY1049

On 10/2/2018 at 7:06 PM, snowynz said:

Im a sucker for a gimmicky record, especially a punk rock one, so I wanna find me one of these hologram beauties

http://piratespressrecords.com/the-ratchets-hologram/

Gotta-Be-Cool-w-Hole-300x300.png 

Ok, the vinyl resurgence has officially reached “early 90s comic book cover gimmick” territory.

The end is nigh. 

17 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

Ok, the vinyl resurgence has officially reached “early 90s comic book cover gimmick” territory.

The end is nigh. 

Yeah, we all know how that ended...Rare variants that were $20-$50 are now in the dollar bin. Just how many different versions of the death of superman do we need? Hey look, a new Spider Man Hologram variant. I'm assuming those can both be had around cover price now.

12 hours ago, freverend said:

Did anybody see the Jose Gonzalez veneer record? It was not released in Germany at least.

heads up would be great!

This is I think the only release I am mildly interested in this year. I’d rather have an original press, but overall I just want to listen to this on sweet wax!

I think since Black friday RSD started there has been a total of 5-6 records I wanted and got . The list this year , at least for me , is a total and complete pass. RSD in April was amazing and I thought it was the best year yet for RSD but this black friday stuff is very odds and ends IMO . 

8 minutes ago, Satan said:

So no one wants to help Satan? I hope you go to heaven.

We all know what the good priests do. 

Dont blame me!

I'll keep an eye out.  I go to a smallish shop, but I'm usually one of the first 10 people in.  If I see it, I can snag it for you.    Just to be sure you looking for the 3xlp /5000?

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, pizza face said:

Maybe Cky but most likely not

For what it's worth last time I checked the official website that was listed as "BFRSD First" so even if you miss it but change your mind down the line it may be around in a different colour.