Black Friday RSD 2018

4 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Got my Type O Negatives! And ChrisCornell B-52's(don't ask) and G n'R Shadow of your Love...

I'm good:P

Congrats. I got my Bloddy Kisses, but I don’t need Trivium covering Type O, and the GnR and CC 7”s were $14 each! At $10 (still crazy for 2 songs) I would have left with them, even though I’d probably never listen to them.

Way to get that Type O! I’m listening now, and early impression is the SQ is very good! I have it cranked and the dynamics, clarity, and channel separation are both great.  This record is so much fun.

i was a bit worried it wouldn’t sound great, but so far, I was worried for nothing. 

57 minutes ago, Subdomestic said:

Made it to the Dine Alone Records shop in Toronto. I got the store exclusive of the Attack in Black live album and the white pressing of Curve of the Earth.

Also picked up the store exclusive of Master Volume by The Dirty Nil, the Massey Hall compilation album, and Silent Rave by Ancient Shapes.

No luck on the limited Alexisonfire records. The people who lined up in the freezing weather at 4-5am are tougher than me.

You got good taste my man. I’m likely heading to the Dine Alone Store later today to get more or less all of those records. I don’t really care about which version so hopefully that will mean there will be some copies left. 

2 minutes ago, kannibal said:

Way to get that Type O! I’m listening now, and early impression is the SQ is very good! I have it cranked and the dynamics, clarity, and channel separation are both great.  This record is so much fun.

i was a bit worried it wouldn’t sound great, but so far, I was worried for nothing. 

Can't wait to hear mine!

25 minutes ago, njpunkmusic said:

anyone pick up CKY?  How is it?  I wanted it, but not really worth the $15 to me.  I love all their material, but not the need to own 4 songs on vinyl

I wasn't a huge fan of the last album so I wasn't gonna buy this without previewing the songs. Wish Deron would re-join 

1 hour ago, DecayToDeath said:

Thanks for the tip, just walked out with (what was to my eyes) the last copy, plus I hung around for a while because they had some great sales going on. Wish I had a shop that nice back home.

Same, I’m visiting from CA. I didn’t stick around too much though. Trying not to go over budget 

1 hour ago, Sidney Crosley said:

You got good taste my man. I’m likely heading to the Dine Alone Store later today to get more or less all of those records. I don’t really care about which version so hopefully that will mean there will be some copies left. 

If you're happy with black copies, I'm sure there will be some left. 

Also, if you can't find something out on the shelves the staff will check the back stock room for you. I had to ask for the Ancient Shapes record but they got it for me. Good luck!

22 hours ago, crabbbbb said:

I work and live towards the east, I'm about 3 minutes away from Rhino, so I'll head there and to Glass House Records.

I hope you weren't disappointed in Rhino Claremont, but I sure was.  It seemed like they had a tiny fraction of the quantities they had brought in for prior events.  Half the line was still waiting outside and fully 1/2 the total inventory had already been sold or was waiting in line to be paid for.