Black Friday RSD 2018

Snagged Remain In Light and Rare Power for RSD releases. Wound up coming home with Raw Power (the version with both mixes), the Newbury Comics pressing of Neu!,  and a sealed copy of The Cold Vein deluxe edition? Looks like there's a repress, but everything on this is the same as the 2013 version, and the represses aren't on Discogs yet. Does anyone have any information on this?

34 minutes ago, thebigbasic said:

Sorry, I was referring the Manchester record. Apparently I only figured out the quote function on mobile the second time around. 

Just got one for $21.50 with shipping, which is about what I would have paid in store. Maybe I could hold out and get it for a bit less, but that’s a fair price. 

42 minutes ago, Squard said:

Snagged Remain In Light and Rare Power for RSD releases. Wound up coming home with Raw Power (the version with both mixes), the Newbury Comics pressing of Neu!,  and a sealed copy of The Cold Vein deluxe edition? Looks like there's a repress, but everything on this is the same as the 2013 version, and the represses aren't on Discogs yet. Does anyone have any information on this?

Let me know how Rare Power sounds....alot of the unreleased stuff from the stooges sounds way too lofi for my liking but I was semi interested in that release

1 hour ago, Kyle_ftl said:

There was a surprising amount of stock at one of the record stores I went to. They were even surprised about how much was left this late at night. Ended up getting all the records I wanted!! Also, looks like Discogs price for Manchester is going down?

I planned on going to my store at 6am for their 10am opening. It was 3 degrees so I skipped it. Walked in at 10:15 expecting a line and it was dead. 

Leftovers aren’t surprising...many of the pressing counts were very high. 

1 hour ago, youspinmeround said:

Let me know how Rare Power sounds....alot of the unreleased stuff from the stooges sounds way too lofi for my liking but I was semi interested in that release

Varies by track but the only one I'd actually call lo-fi is the rehearsal recording. Other than that, it's better than the Bowie mix of the actual album.

2 hours ago, Squard said:

That dual mix of Raw Power is great.

I'd guess you got the Cold Vein reissue. It's supposed to come out today and mine has shipped.

Edited by Ishtar

crazy long day, worked almost 10 hours at the record shop but it was epic. Had a couple local acts play great sets and then All Them Witches played a killer set,  I had to wait until the end of the day to buy anything but I was able to get my top 3: Breeders, Byrds and Nothing, there was more I wanted but that's all my wallet will allow today. We have a bunch of leftovers including some titles that have been requested i'll try to post tomorrow when we get them up online

49 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

crazy long day, worked almost 10 hours at the record shop but it was epic. Had a couple local acts play great sets and then All Them Witches played a killer set,  I had to wait until the end of the day to buy anything but I was able to get my top 3: Breeders, Byrds and Nothing, there was more I wanted but that's all my wallet will allow today. We have a bunch of leftovers including some titles that have been requested i'll try to post tomorrow when we get them up online

Sounds rad. Nice work on Sweetheart.