Black Friday RSD 2018

7 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

Nothing to do with black Friday though?

It's one week off so close enough, given that it's exactly the kind of  "Here's a repro-that's-not-a-repro of a single no one cares about since no actual B-sides are on it" RSD Bowie crap we usually get. Does it have to be 100% official RSD for it to matter?

5 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

It's one week off so close enough, given that it's exactly the kind of  "Here's a repro-that's-not-a-repro of a single no one cares about since no actual B-sides are on it" RSD Bowie crap we usually get. Does it have to be 100% official RSD for it to matter?

Since this is a RSD thread, then I'd say the answer is probably yes.

4 hours ago, nico said:

Cheap Trick double LP sounds good. 

Stranger Things: Halloween picture disc LP  will probably cause a flipper riot at your local store.

You know I was going to “dismiss” both, but then read the Cheap Trick is on clear vinyl....

If it is under $40, I will look and see what is on it. 

Eyeing the Mamas and Papas...

But would prefer to pay around $30 for clean OG “toilet” cover...

Will line up for Phish though. :P

41 minutes ago, PookdaddyG said:

Want Phish, but Ill need something a little more to force me to go. Maybe ill just try to snag it online later.

Their original posts about it before Curveball (R.I.P.) made it sound like black would be available as well--colored/numbered followed by black/unlimited has been pretty standard for their reissues.

Ghost next year, hopefully!

9 minutes ago, simple_torture said:

Their original posts about it before Curveball (R.I.P.) made it sound like black would be available as well--colored/numbered followed by black/unlimited has been pretty standard for their reissues.

Ghost next year, hopefully!

Yeah! As cool as the sunburst Hoist was, I dont mind waiting a little longer for it. 

6 minutes ago, PookdaddyG said:

Yeah! As cool as the sunburst Hoist was, I dont mind waiting a little longer for it. 

I got that Hoist used for like $25, which was a great find. I've never really had any trouble finding any of these releases--however, I did buy a used MSG right before the secondary market price shot up (I got it for ~$95, people now asking $180 on Discogs).

21 minutes ago, simple_torture said:

I got that Hoist used for like $25, which was a great find. I've never really had any trouble finding any of these releases--however, I did buy a used MSG right before the secondary market price shot up (I got it for ~$95, people now asking $180 on Discogs).

Same. I got MSG for retail right before they kinda went OOP. Most I paid for was the blue Rift. Stoked as hell for Ghost hopefully soon. I’d love for them to press one of the island tour shows from 98

3 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Same. I got MSG for retail right before they kinda went OOP. Most I paid for was the blue Rift. Stoked as hell for Ghost hopefully soon. I’d love for them to press one of the island tour shows from 98

LET'S SPECULATE

RSD BF 2018 - SS&P

RSD 2019 - Ghost

RSD 2020 - Farmhouse

Curveball Resurrected 2020 - Vegas 96 6-LP Box Set

RSD 2021 - Round Room

RSD BF 2021 - Undermind

Jesus. I don’t want to wait 3 years for Round Room.  Just fucking release them. 

Also, I’d like for them to do a sub or a DMBlive type release (Bare bones packaging - chipboard with rubber stamp, plain inners). Maybe start blowing through those initial LivePhish releases. 

It's not inconceivable that they could do Ghost/Farmhouse next year and RR/Undermind the year after; since they started doing reissues, the schedule has been (with new releases included as well):

2011 - White Tape

2012 - Junta

2013 - Lawn Boy

2014 - Nectar, Fuego

2015 - Rift, MSG, Siket Disc

2016 - Hoist, Big Boat

2017 - A Live One

2018 - Billy Breathes, SS&P, Baker's Box Set

So 2 or 3 releases in 2019 wouldn't be extremely weird.

49 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Jesus. I don’t want to wait 3 years for Round Room.  Just fucking release them. 

Also, I’d like for them to do a sub or a DMBlive type release (Bare bones packaging - chipboard with rubber stamp, plain inners). Maybe start blowing through those initial LivePhish releases. 

Yeah a sub would be great. Honestly I’d buy probably all the live phish volumes. The Halloween 94 show is one of the greatest plus the Tweezerfest TX show rules.