The Hold Steady - Stay Positive (3LP deluxe edition)

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/28204021/hold-steady-stay-positive-deluxe-ed-3lp-black-vinyl-die-cut-triple-gatefold-cut-at-

BM notes it as black, I wonder if there is a colored version from THS (like SS and B&GIA). 

Anyway, b-sides are killer and more songs? Yes plz

I wouldn't say it's my favorite album of theirs, but it is arguably their best. I'm hoping they release all the new songs they released this year in a 7 inch series or compile them on an album, they are too good not to see any physical release. And I'm still hoping they do a full tour soon I've only seen them once, and they played Boys and Girls front to back and it was as close to a religious experience I've ever had

I don’t think it’s their best (It’s SS). It’s very good. But I think AKM and B&GiA are also better. It’s certainly the end of their moment though. There are some stone cold classic THS jams on this. The next 2 albums aren’t even in the same league as the first 4. The new record is shaping up to be great though (assuming the 8 songs they put out over the past year are the bulk of it). 

Edited by timsimmons

6 hours ago, CatsNJazz said:

. I'm hoping they release all the new songs they released this year in a 7 inch series or compile them on an album, they are too good not to see any physical release. And I'm still hoping they do a full tour soon I've only seen them once, and they played Boys and Girls front to back and it was as close to a religious experience I've ever had

I saw them a couple weeks ago and it was awesome. They have only been playing like one song off heaven is whenever and teeth dreams and then two of the new songs. My favorite of the new ones are entitlement crew and a snake in the shower and I think they fit in with the classic albums. 

1. Constructive Summer

2. Sequestered in Memphis

3. One for the Cutters

SIDE B

1. Navy Sheets

2. Lord, I’m Discouraged

3. Yeah Sapphire

LP 2 SIDE C

1. Both Crosses

2. Stay Positive

3. Magazines

SIDE D

1. Joke About Jamaica

2. Slapped Actress

3. Ask Her For Adderall (Bonus)*

LP 3 SIDE E

1. Two Handed Handshake (Bonus)**

2. Cheyenne Sunrise (Bonus)**

3. Spectres (Bonus)***

SIDE F

1. 40 Bucks (Bonus)**

2. This Isn’t Enough (Bonus)***

3. You Tremble (Bonus)***

4. Ballad of The Midnight Hauler (Bonus)*
* Available Only on original vinyl release

** Available Only on Positive Rage

*** Never Before Available

Officially announced. Die Cut Sleeve. Limited Brown/Gold marble.  There will be a bundle with a shirt and poster too. 

Vagrant has just the LP up.

https://kingsroadmerch.com/vagrant/view/?id=14628&cid=1530

I'm sure there will be a THS store as well. 

Edited by timsimmons