Moving to Nashville

IanRees

Moving there (Hendersonville specifically) on the 1st. Anybody from there or been there and have any suggestions for food, bars etc.

Also if anyone has made a big move with a baby, we will be driving from California to TN with a 10 month old.

Edited by IanRees

I was just in Nashville last week to catch NIN and also see some friends who live there. There is so much to do it's insane. You have all the usual stuff on Broadway with all the bars and honky tonks and whatnot. It's worth checking out but once you live there, I'm told that you get over it and it's usually more for tourists.

If you've never had hot chicken...definitely go try it at either Hattie B's or Prince's. Fuckin' delicious and spicy and awesome.

There are tons of breweries if that's your thing. I highly recommend Blackstone. And there are plenty of dive bars all over. When I went we hit up Santa's Pub and Dino's. It was an experience for sure.

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

I was just in Nashville last week to catch NIN and also see some friends who live there. There is so much to do it's insane. You have all the usual stuff on Broadway with all the bars and honky tonks and whatnot. It's worth checking out but once you live there, I'm told that you get over it and it's usually more for tourists.

If you've never had hot chicken...definitely go try it at either Hattie B's or Prince's. Fuckin' delicious and spicy and awesome.

There are tons of breweries if that's your thing. I highly recommend Blackstone. And there are plenty of dive bars all over. When I went we hit up Santa's Pub and Dino's. It was an experience for sure.

When we went in March it was a full on family thing to see if we liked the area so we didn’t really get to enjoy any bars or anything. I’ve heard Dino’s is super cool.

Definitely had some good BBQ but didn’t try any hot chicken cause we were all in a AirBNB and well..

ill get my share of Broadway since I plan on going to a fair amount of Preds games and their arena spits you out right on Broadway.

I went a couple years ago to see a lady friend. We got hot chicken (pro tip: the bread is to soak up the grease/hot sauce, don't eat it). We ate at a GREAT BBQ place but I am struggling to think of the name. The Great Escape is the best record store there for used records.

13 minutes ago, somethingvinyl said:

I went a couple years ago to see a lady friend. We got hot chicken (pro tip: the bread is to soak up the grease/hot sauce, don't eat it). We ate at a GREAT BBQ place but I am struggling to think of the name. The Great Escape is the best record store there for used records.

When we went to visit in March we went to Edleys and it was pretty damn good BBQ

6 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

are you living in the city?  I know you're moving from LA/SoCal, so you're used to traffic, but I honestly feel like its a different type of traffic than in LA.  

good luck with the move, inching closer to the best coast

The town we are moving to is about 20 minutes outside of downtown Nashville.

My wife will have to commute either into the city or about 45 minutes south. Ill be staying on with Pure Noise and working from home, so I won't be driving too much, but if I did there's no way the commute would be worse than my current one.

• 4 months later...
On 2/20/2019 at 4:33 PM, birdwell said:

HUSK

Rolf & Daughters

great food

PS Screw Hattie B's.  Get down with Prince's or Boltons if you want the real-deal Hot Chicken

I tried to go to Hattie Bs once but it was way too crowded. Only hot chicken I’ve had so far was at Edleys which is our go to spot.

2 hours ago, 6heart6breaker6 said:

Last I was there, Bastion was just opening and was a really great, social bar with good cocktails. Really fun layout in there. It was all alone in an industrial spot, but Google maps happens to show a few establishments around it now, for better or worse.

looks good, ill have to check it out sometime.