Isis reunion/Caleb Scofield benefit Saturday - who's in?

Who else is attending?  I am meeting up with @MayCauseDeath and it would be cool if we could meet some other VC'ers IRL!

Guesses on the Isis setlist?  I honestly have no clue.  The name makes me think they'll play just older stuff, or whatever Caleb's favorite material was.  Or they'll do an hour of improvised noise and play no songs. 

2 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

I am really curious how long the show will go till! I hope it's not the typical 30 minutes per band then 45-1 hour final act then over. Most of these bands 30 minutes is like 3 songs or less. 

If Isis only plays 30 minutes.... i'm not sure how i'll react. 

5 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

If Cave In play Juggernaut at this one I'm suing.

Context please?

9 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

Get the lawyers ready

God damnit. Oh well, given how the crowd reacted to 5 seconds of it I probably would've died if they had played the whole thing.

1 hour ago, morfiend said:

I went to sleep after ISIS, how was Cave-In?

If it's anything like the Boston show, they keep the video up. It's not just a livstream only deal.

Well, as @MayCauseDeath will be able to attest, this was the weekend from hell.  But we saw Isis, and that's all that mattered.  

The sound in the room was loud and good.  I was down in the pit for Isis and it was fucking wild.  Great energy.  Half-wish I was upstairs in the balcony where you get the full PA but I really wanted to hear just the sound of their amps and Aaron's drums, unmic'd.  Did not see Carry coming as the opener.  Still a little surprised they didn't play Weight. 

But getting Celestial (ext alt) as the final tune was fucking cool.  Also, the jammed out ending of "The Beginning and the End" was righteous as fuck. 

Edited by Gumbo72203

On 10/11/2018 at 9:24 PM, Bladewillisisdead said:

If Cave In play Juggernaut at this one I'm suing.

https://youtu.be/Jh52bVgkxKE

based on the 4:38:19 mark, they did in fact play Juggernaut in LA.  they started off the riff, transitioned into another song, and came back to finish juggernaut.

Was there.  It was fucking awesome overall.  Just now seeing this thread.

OMG's set became epic about half way through I remember thinking and didn't let up.  Pelican came out and destroyed, I'm very much looking forward to their new album next year.  Isis...what else is there to say...it was great seeing them perform again.  Cliff's solo at the end of So Did We melted my brain.  Same with the Celestial extended ending.  Cave In were great as well.  Actually ended up leaving before Zozobra went on...big mistake since Bannon came out and sang vocals.  Hanging out in the lounge/bar area I ran into Danny Carey a couple times.  That was cool.  Dude's a giant.

The only downside were the drink prices!!  $17 for a beer, granted it was a huge beer but still.

Edited by twatay
Wanted to expound a little more

On 10/14/2018 at 10:35 PM, Gumbo72203 said:

Well, as @MayCauseDeath will be able to attest, this was the weekend from hell.  But we saw Isis, and that's all that mattered.  

The sound in the room was loud and good.  I was down in the pit for Isis and it was fucking wild.  Great energy.  Half-wish I was upstairs in the balcony where you get the full PA but I really wanted to hear just the sound of their amps and Aaron's drums, unmic'd.  Did not see Carry coming as the opener.  Still a little surprised they didn't play Weight. 

But getting Celestial (ext alt) as the final tune was fucking cool.  Also, the jammed out ending of "The Beginning and the End" was righteous as fuck. 

Dooooooood. You didn't even mention the scooters!