PO: Washed Out - High Times

11 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

I bought this through Washed Out Bandcamp page.  I’m not sure of their cancellation policies as I’ve never tried cancelling a Bandcamp order before.   

but I’d like to cancel as I bought this version 

I think you can just contact them with your order # if you’re cool with it.  The right call was made though, since it looks like it’s now sold out.

early photos show that the loser edition of PN in the UK is clearly a dark opaque purple. 

US loser is indeed clear.

edit. confirmation from sub pop that the differentiation exists. fyi.

UK loser (opaque dark purple): spacer.png

US loser (kinda translucent smokey clear purple hue): 

Edited by frutiger75

2 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

Just getting around to listening to this. About a third of the way in and it’s settling in as a perfect “sunday of summer” album. 

lack of talk has me worried about the rest of the album, ha. 

It's good.  It's just by-the-numbers Washed Out.  You can leave the room and return, and feel like you haven't missed a whole lot of what the album has to offer.  Not a huge critique, and I actually enjoy his style enough that I don't mind when he plays it safe or gives the listener exactly what they want instead of challenging us with something "ahead of its time".

38 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

This album is what it is.  A completely chill album that is a joy to listen to in times of quarantine.  

if you aren’t in the mood for that though I can see where one would think it’s boring

if i am in the mood for this sort of thing, ill listen to life of leisure or within and without.

otherwise its like going to a restaurant and asking for coke and them asking if a can of urine is ok. 

21 minutes ago, jrodan said:

if i am in the mood for this sort of thing, ill listen to life of leisure or within and without.

otherwise its like going to a restaurant and asking for coke and them asking if a can of urine is ok. 

I mean I’d at least say off brand Cola.  Lol

3 hours ago, JRHews said:

TTL came today, and damn it's pretty. Got a huge crease in the cover though. Hoping they can send a replacement. 

So they didn't have any cover replacements or extras of any sort, so they gave me shipping refund at least.

Just listened to this and damn,  really chill and super catchy. Really digging after first listen. Press is flawless.

14 minutes ago, JRHews said:

So they didn't have any cover replacements or extras of any sort, so they gave me shipping refund at least.

Just listened to this and damn,  really chill and super catchy. Really digging after first listen. Press is flawless.

Really solid of them, actually.  I don't love TTL's price points these days but respect where respect is due for that custom service.  Glad to hear the press was handled nicely, too.