PO: Sponge - Rotting Piñata LP

Wargod

23 hours ago, got PTSD from RSD said:

Well someone pressed more because LITA alone sold more than the stated pressing numbers. Same goes for the Stabbing Westward titles.

Is LITA active on here? Where's our check?! 

I wish our pressing #s were inflated... we've yet to go into a second press on ANYTHING yet, aside from the Eve 6 self titled (plug: second press out of 500 will be available on the bands upcoming anniversary tour for the album, /300 on “bloodshot” vinyl and /200 on white vinyl from our store + Light in the Attic).  

Edited by Wargod
trying to be more nice

18 minutes ago, Wargod said:

Is LITA active on here? Where's our check?! 

I wish our pressing #s were inflated... we've yet to go into a second press on ANYTHING yet, aside from the Eve 6 self titled (plug: second press out of 500 will be available on the bands upcoming anniversary tour for the album, /300 on “bloodshot” vinyl and /200 on white vinyl from our store + Light in the Attic).  

Wax Ecstatic next?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Apparently, a Wax Ecstatic pressing is in the works.

06/29/22

First pressing Wax Ecstatic vinyl coming soon!

We are excited to announce the very first pressing of our second full-length Wax Ecstatic this summer! Details to follow...

Stay tuned!

2 hours ago, chiefwahoo said:

06/29/22

We are excited to announce the very first pressing of our second full-length Wax Ecstatic this summer! Details to follow...

Stay tuned!

Fuck yes. 

9 hours ago, chiefwahoo said:

06/29/22

Stay tuned!

Yahtzee!

• 2 weeks later...

cea94f13-9b98-3b83-08f7-1d74ab96f20e.png

Sponge "Wax Ecstatic" is coming to vinyl for the first time! Pre-orders begin Monday at Noon ET.

d4157317-d08e-9969-e79f-e4bdecd284ba.jpg

Pre-Orders start Monday, August 29th at Noon (eastern standard time) on our webstore

First released in 1996, the sophomore album from Sponge remains a fan favorite, featuring the singles "Wax Ecstatic (To Sell Angelina)" and “Have You Seen Mary”.

At times more raw and gritty than its predecessor Rotting Piñata, Wax Ecstatic isn’t afraid to experiment, a common trait for Sponge throughout their career. The album peaked at number 60 on the Billboard 200 with significant radio airplay and videos in rotation on MTV.

Over 25 years since it was first released, we’ve carefully restored and formatted the original artwork for the vinyl release. Estimated ship date of 9/22/22 (not too long of a wait
😉)

1c33e924-f420-f085-4012-469909881830.jpg

39fed775-393c-596a-35ce-ec3f21c0ac70.jpg

960b6236-d743-5255-0930-55bbc7bb3d75.jpg

a72dc6a3-11cc-6b1f-be2d-19759d9fac02.jpg

2d192a6e-77b7-cc8e-227d-c28874bd75d3.jpg

Pressing info:
/300 Black vinyl
/1000 Gold vinyl

open.php?u=71c6a2edd92ada2f59501f9e6&id=f59dfa0014&e=1168471e4a

3 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Just listened to this and Rotting Pinota today for the first time in years. Both albums, pretty much, suck.

6 decent songs between both records. Some things do not hold up 26-28 years later.

Cool opinion. I still think both albums are great, but I'm sure there is something you like that I think sucks. 

4 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Just listened to this and Rotting Pinota today for the first time in years. Both albums, pretty much, suck.

6 decent songs between both records. Some things do not hold up 26-28 years later.

Did you really like the albums better when they were current? I think they hold up well considering it's just rock and roll and they were never all that highly regarded to begin with.  I love(d) Sponge and played them both a million times but that was an era where I had fairly limited access to new albums so everything I could get my hands on got played to absolute death. But yeah, I think I always knew half of Wax Ecstatic was a chore to get through. I still can't wait to buy it.

1 hour ago, chiefwahoo said:

Did you really like the albums better when they were current? I think they hold up well considering it's just rock and roll and they were never all that highly regarded to begin with.  I love(d) Sponge and played them both a million times but that was an era where I had fairly limited access to new albums so everything I could get my hands on got played to absolute death. But yeah, I think I always knew half of Wax Ecstatic was a chore to get through. I still can't wait to buy it.

That back half certainly dips for me.  But the A side is a banger.

Rotting Piñata holds up though, even three decades later.