PO: Sponge - Rotting Piñata LP

Wargod

1 hour ago, MyEnemy said:

How do people exist in the real world without a caretaker?

I don't know. Did your caretaker come up with that witty retort, or did he just type that message for you? 

The image for the bundle on the website clearly shows two records coming out of one jacket. There's a lot of stupid shit that goes on in this record business. It's always nice to get some clarification. 

I hope you get a papercut when you open your next record. 

10 minutes ago, ntslash said:

I don't know. Did your caretaker come up with that witty retort, or did he just type that message for you? 

The image for the bundle on the website clearly shows two records coming out of one jacket. There's a lot of stupid shit that goes on in this record business. It's always nice to get some clarification. 

I hope you get a papercut when you open your next record. 

It’s a mock up, not a mental challenge.

• 4 weeks later...

Great looking release! Curious to see final numbers for each color. I know wargod said "First press is limited to 1,000 copies worldwide", but they must've had a second pressing already in the works for other retailers because stock numbers just don't add up to 300/700 across all retailers. I know there are mixed opinions about wanting things to be strictly limited vs widely available but I think buyers should have all the information available to them. 

I haven’t a/b’d this to the original but I did give the first side a spin.  It sounds nice on the first pass.  The biggest difference is really the artwork. 

The front cover has been recreated - the face artwork was redrawn and the candy corn is different.  The back cover is entirely different - the original had pics of the band in colored squares, the reissue is white with black drawings.

the original came with a printed inner sleeve with the liner notes while the reissue has a plain black sleeve and a flat insert.  

The original labels were red Columbia labels while these are red/yellow for the a/b sides.

On 11/18/2018 at 9:14 AM, got PTSD from RSD said:

Curious to see final numbers for each color. I know wargod said "First press is limited to 1,000 copies worldwide", but they must've had a second pressing already in the works for other retailers because stock numbers just don't add up to 300/700 across all retailers. 

we haven't done a second pressing for this, though it's not out of the question at some point in the future. 300 were pressed on white and 700 on candy corn.

On 11/18/2018 at 9:29 AM, highfives said:

I haven’t a/b’d this to the original but I did give the first side a spin.  It sounds nice on the first pass.  The biggest difference is really the artwork. 

The front cover has been recreated - the face artwork was redrawn and the candy corn is different.  The back cover is entirely different - the original had pics of the band in colored squares, the reissue is white with black drawings.

the original came with a printed inner sleeve with the liner notes while the reissue has a plain black sleeve and a flat insert.  

The original labels were red Columbia labels while these are red/yellow for the a/b sides.

my label partner did most of the design on this one but if i remember correctly the back cover was inspired by / used re-created elements from a promotional version (or single?)  of the album. overall, this entire layout was a bitch to put together... you should see what files we're often given (or not given at all) to work with from the majors haha.  That said, we're really happy with how it came out. Thanks for all the great feedback guys.

Just now, Wargod said:

my label partner did most of the design on this one but if i remember correctly the back cover was inspired by / used re-created elements from a promotional version (or single?)  of the album. overall, this entire layout was a bitch to put together... you should see what files we're often given (or not given at all) to work with from the majors haha.  That said, we're really happy with how it came out. Thanks for all the great feedback guys.

I'm pretty sure those back elements were all in the CD booklet.  I didn't take the time to dig my CD out of the bin it's currently at the bottom of, but the LP was easy to reference.  

I'm in the licensing world, so I know how little IP owners can give you.  I feel your pain on a daily basis.

You guys did a good job.  I was just noting the differences. 

Any plans for more Stabbing Westward?

7 minutes ago, highfives said:

I'm pretty sure those back elements were all in the CD booklet.  I didn't take the time to dig my CD out of the bin it's currently at the bottom of, but the LP was easy to reference.  

I'm in the licensing world, so I know how little IP owners can give you.  I feel your pain on a daily basis.

You guys did a good job.  I was just noting the differences. 

Any plans for more Stabbing Westward?

Appreciate it man! And didn't take any offense whatsoever to your comments (and also impressed someone picked up on the new candy corn haha)

4 hours ago, Wargod said:

we haven't done a second pressing for this, though it's not out of the question at some point in the future. 300 were pressed on white and 700 on candy corn.

Well someone pressed more because LITA alone sold more than the stated pressing numbers. Same goes for the Stabbing Westward titles.

21 minutes ago, got PTSD from RSD said:

I'm not arguing with them. Just letting people know. It's pretty easy to track stock levels over time by monitoring the source code. Source code doesn't lie and I've never known LITA to manipulate it.

so LITA has sold over 1000 copies according to your sleuthing?

12 minutes ago, jrodan said:

LOL, i can go ahead and guarantee that LITA has not sold anywhere near 1000 copies of the album. dare i say they haven't sold more than 100 or so. you crazy.

I don't have any stake in this. Just telling you what I saw.  Like I said, it's possible that LITA is faking their stock numbers and somehow keeping track of actual stock levels manually. But I've never seen them do that with any other title. Not to mention there would be no reason to do that.

i have no idea what your point is with the stabbing westward stock situation and its regards to sponge. but i do appreciate you fighting the good fight to let the people know about Wargod's conspiracy to trick record  buyers with false pressing numbers. finally someone is fighting the little guys for the little guys!