Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses Silver Vinyl

52 minutes ago, Rottengoth said:

I know this but it’s still been well over the when I should have gotten it

I ordered mine from Amazon Germany and arrived within 2 weeks from when shipped. So yeah, that's taking quite a bit of time...

I did place my order when it was listed tho. Not sure if that plays a part...

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, kannibal said:

The RSD Bloody Kisses 3LP is so good, if they did them all that way and with the same all around quality I would be so pumped.

I was actually more stoked about the MOV pressing. Yeah it had the extra disk and the color is cool but the expanded booklet with like all the high res stuff came out amazing. And it sounds so fucking amazing.

6 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

I was actually more stoked about the MOV pressing. Yeah it had the extra disk and the color is cool but the expanded booklet with like all the high res stuff came out amazing. And it sounds so fucking amazing.

I have to agree with you. The MOV version just sounds so awesome. Very dynamic and almost no noise floor. And I really dig the booklet.

I wasn't aware that the RSD version didn't come with the booklet?! I bought both of them, just haven't had time get to the RSD Bloody Kisses. I've bought so many dam records that I haven't had a chance to look at them all, lol! Hopefully they get to all of the TON catalog, like they done to Carnivore. Also wish MOV would use the tip-on sleeves. That would just be Fire!

My TT PSU should be back with me early next week, hopefully if it gets everything working again, TON bloody kisses was the 1st record i was going to throw on. I was going to do a listening test between the RSD, MOV and the box set version.

The box set version has the best image quality - Why did they airbrush the blood off the girls face in the 2 newest editions????

1 hour ago, tco said:

The box set version has the best image quality - Why did they airbrush the blood off the girls face in the 2 newest editions????

From what I know this image is exclusive to the box set. Every other release did not have the blood image either - not only the 2 newest releases.

11 hours ago, Rottengoth said:

The booklet sounds cool. Bloody Kisses is a great sounding record via digital stream, so it’s no surprise it sounds good.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Resurrection time - 18 months later i finally got me a new deck after my SP10 mkii finally died. It was the main chip that you cant get a replacement for and not the PSU as i had hoped. Nevertheless, i replaced it with  an SL1200G. The SL1200G is brutal in that it really shows up a bad recording. I put on Bloody Kisses from the 1st box set which sound pretty good to my ears on my previous setup, but sounded somewhat flat. I checked again with a record i always use to ensure that my cart and tonearm is set up ok (Tom Waits Closing Time - Sounded great). I then stuck on the ROG version which, disappointingly was slightly more flat. Finally i stuck on the MOV version. For whatever reason i thought this was going to sound similar, just because of it being pressed on silver vinyl. Jeez, what a difference, no idea how the original sounds , but the MOV version is a seriously impressive pressing. I really hope they do more pressings of the other albums in the future if BK is anything to go by.

On 8/4/2020 at 10:45 PM, tco said:

Resurrection time - 18 months later i finally got me a new deck after my SP10 mkii finally died. It was the main chip that you cant get a replacement for and not the PSU as i had hoped. Nevertheless, i replaced it with  an SL1200G. The SL1200G is brutal in that it really shows up a bad recording.

Sad to hear this. I would have never thought a Technics deck could become irreparable. Built like tanks. Losing an SP10 MKII is pretty tough. What a glorious deck that is...and pretty expensive. What are you going to do with the defective one?

Thanks for reviewing these pressings. I own the silver BK MOV one and love it, too.  It was cut pretty hot but also dynamically.