PO NOW: Switchfoot - Native Tongue

There are at least 3 variants, maybe a 4th.

500 for each exclusive variant.

???? - Yellow (Switchfoot Webstore Exclusive)

500 - Salt-N-Pepper Colored (Indie Exclusive)
500 - Ultra Clear (FYE Exclusive)

???? - Standard Black Retail

Edited by rundmcc
retail is standard black vinyl

I may try to get the indie version from my local store, which may be my best chance to get this album for a decent price, but is anybody else irritated by how much this record is costing? 

I checked the FYE site for their exclusive and this $30 record comes to $40+ when you factor in the $8 shipping and the $2 tax. 

Also, 2 months ago I passed on getting the signed yellow vinyl off of Switchfoot's site because they had like $12 shipping THEN they raised the price later...WTH? 

So, shouldn't a 2LP only cost around $25 especially when these sites gouge you for shipping costs. It's ridiculous, I may not even be able to get this record...it is just way too expensive. 

Yeah, it's expensive. But they always put out quality pressings, so it should be worth it.

I ordered from Bull Moose  + another record to get free shipping ($30+). I wanted the Indie variant and I love supporting an Indie store.
Amazon is the currently the lowest price I've seen, at $22.42, which meets your expected cost. I'm waiting to see what variant it is and to see if the price drops a little more :)

4 hours ago, jmsmusic said:

dang.. i waited to order from bull moose and now it's outta stock there. Afraid that I'll get a black copy from them. IIRC, if you order a variant and they run out they ship black copies and you'd be stuck with it. 

The "Indie Store" exclusive is still available from SMLXL: 

https://www.smlxlvinyl.com/products/switchfoot-native-tongue-2lp-indie-exclusive-color

6 hours ago, jeremyjacobsnerd said:

FWIW, I preordered the standard from Bull Moose (before there was a listing for indie variant) and I received “clear with black swirl”.

That is the “indie variant.”

So tempted to pick up the FYE variant, as I have a personal affection with straight up “clear vinyl.”

However, I think my “indie” copy will sound fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 8:19 AM, Plarocks said:

That is the “indie variant.”

So tempted to pick up the FYE variant, as I have a personal affection with straight up “clear vinyl.”

However, I think my “indie” copy will sound fine.

Just got my indie copy in and it sounds great!