PO : Robyn - Honey

gazzo

finally after a thousand years there will be a new Robyn record next year.
cd preorders were already live, but today the vinyl preorders also went live

no pressing numbers

just a ltd white pressing and a standard black

https://rbn.lnk.to/RobynstoreRo

HONEY-WHITE-LP_2048x2048.jpg?v=153995076

also available already from HMV and TheSoundOfVinyl

new songs are ace btw

$60CAD shipped. fucking brutal.

I’m on the fence with this, the singles are lacking. They sound like they were from the Body Talk sessions but unfinished, like there’s just something about the production that seems “empty”. And it’s stupid expensive, but i don’t want to not order and have it go OOP like Body Talk and sell for $400.

1 minute ago, SNEAKORDS said:

I’m on the fence with this, the singles are lacking. They sound like they were from the Body Talk sessions but unfinished, like there’s just something about the production that seems “empty”. And it’s stupid expensive, but i don’t want to not order and have it go OOP like Body Talk and sell for $400.

Sound of Vinyl has cheaper shipping to Canada, and use SOV10OFF1 to get another 2.50GBP off. Still expensive but down to about 46CAD

31 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Really want to buy, but want to see if the white variant will be available in the US, but don’t want to miss out! Ahhhh haha

Ehhhh, I just went for it. After the OG S/T & Body Talk records came and went, not gonna take any chances.

Doesn’t the link redirect to a us store?

23 minutes ago, SNEAKORDS said:

Maybe because this is the first album without her mentor

listened to the full album on the way into work this morning. it’s... ok. it’s def her slowburn “dim the lights and make out” album, there are no anthems, nothing to sing at the top of your lungs while dancing. it’s pretty stripped back as i mentioned above about the singles, lots of disco and mid 90s style production.

maybe it’ll take multiple plays to really grow on me, or maybe it’s a specific mood album, but it’s nowhere near Body Talk quality (excluding You Should Know Better).