Hey guys!  Getting all your records packed up today and should hopefully get them to the post office before work!  I'll have your tracking numbers for you afterwards.  Thanks for being patient!  The semester ended Friday and I had some assignments to get in under the buzzer, but I pulled off another 4.0 somehow.

Thanks so much for being patient, you're going to flip when you see these :D :D :D :D

On 12/12/2018 at 1:34 PM, jrodan said:

so madovia shop just refunded me this morning for this with no explanation. so now i do not have a copy on the way. cool stuff. definitely won't fuck with madovia again. at least could have given some sort of explanation.

Check your email.  Their package has been held up at customs, and nobody can give them information; he said it was scanned into New York and then hasn't moved.  He's usually pretty solid and has a track record of other purchases here; I'm game to wait it out.  Not sure what the end-game is though once the USPS moves the records. 

2 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Check your email.  Their package has been held up at customs, and nobody can give them information; he said it was scanned into New York and then hasn't moved.  He's usually pretty solid and has a track record of other purchases here; I'm game to wait it out.  Not sure what the end-game is though once the USPS moves the records. 

so i actually got an email this morning apologizing for everything. he said he meant to send an email explaining the situation, but somehow it wasn't sent. said he still expects to receive and will send me the record now free of charge. that seems crazy, as i wasn't looking to get a free record. just wanted to know what was up. i will resend the money if it ever shows up. good on him to finally contact about the situation. customs sucks.

3 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Hey guys!  Getting all your records packed up today and should hopefully get them to the post office before work!  I'll have your tracking numbers for you afterwards.  Thanks for being patient!  The semester ended Friday and I had some assignments to get in under the buzzer, but I pulled off another 4.0 somehow.

Thanks so much for being patient, you're going to flip when you see these :D :D :D :D

happy-dancing.gif

21 minutes ago, jrodan said:

so i actually got an email this morning apologizing for everything. he said he meant to send an email explaining the situation, but somehow it wasn't sent. said he still expects to receive and will send me the record now free of charge. that seems crazy, as i wasn't looking to get a free record. just wanted to know what was up. i will resend the money if it ever shows up. good on him to finally contact about the situation. customs sucks.

That's legit customer care. I've encountered a few nice folks from small labels that have done the same.

28 minutes ago, jrodan said:

As someone who has ordered from Madovia on a couple of occasions, I'm really happy to see I don't have to alter my positive opinion of them. Always nice to see small shops put customers over profit.

2 hours ago, jrodan said:

Yeah I donno what happened, check your spam folder because he said I was the only one to message him back; he was asking whether we wanted refunds or to wait and see what happened.

One dude left him a bad review after he said that he hadn't gotten the records from Switzerland yet.  This kind of thing is out of our control!  He showed me the USPS scans of the facility transfers....  what an inept organization.  It's the only thing I can think of where you have no consequences for destroying people's things and doing your job poorly. 

In any event, I believe he said they'll be in-hand within the next day or two.  I got a look at the standards today when I was boxing up your orders, they look fly as fuck! 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, ethereal said:

had a dream this band changed their name to blankenbarge and became a really cool shoegaze barge for the fishing community in St Petersburg 

This is amazing. 

Reminds me of when I had a dream that I was seeing the Grateful Dead and Jerry was wearing a Deafheaven shirt and was into post-rock now lol

EDIT:  For the record, I love the Grateful Dead :D

Edited by Gumbo72203

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2019 at 2:42 PM, ethereal said:

The label keeps telling me that Ravena and "another thing" are being pressed right now, so I'm wondering if they're going to do a 7" of this song.  They won't tell me!  XD XD XD

Song is pretty good!  I gotta listen more, I haven't had too much time to do a focused listen yet.