what pressing plants do small runs of 50 records

I did a very deep research on all different pressing plants in the usa and overseas I will probably already know of a lot of pressing plants that do small runs of 50 that some people are going to mention in this threat just maybe thought I can come across a place I never heard before that I might have a better price then the first place I did my first pressing at so if any one has any info please leave a comment or message me thanks

Contact Ameise from Hamburg, Germany. You have to do some work for that though. They do runs of 50 copies - or used to do at least. Good luck!

My brave vinyl lovers! ameise is not able to answer all the questions that come up online here and on other channels...we would really love to get in touch with all you underground people out there, but we are afraid that the only way to get in touch with us is Martins secret cellphone number that you will get from other bands and artist worldwide...it should be easy to find out with a few clicks and once we are in touch we will offer out the best pricing and quality right from the heart of europe! big up you crazy freaks!

ameise

Source: Ameise Pressing

On 10/22/2018 at 9:59 PM, 7th dragon said:

I did a very deep research on all different pressing plants in the usa and overseas I will probably already know of a lot of pressing plants that do small runs of 50 that some people are going to mention in this threat just maybe thought I can come across a place I never heard before that I might have a better price then the first place I did my first pressing at so if any one has any info please leave a comment or message me thanks

PM’d you!

On 10/23/2018 at 5:53 AM, stl_ben said:

Any plant that presses less than 200 copies.....is probably going to charge just about the same as if you pressed 200 copies.

If you are only wanting to make a run of 50, you may as well go with a lathe cut record.

And if you go with a lathe, you may as well drop a turd on a brick and spin that. It will sound only slightly better than a usual lathe.

26 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

And if you go with a lathe, you may as well drop a turd on a brick and spin that. It will sound only slightly better than a usual lathe.

You aren't getting your lathes cut at the right place then.

For instance Inthecloud Records makes lathes that have sounded better than many of my pressed records.

But yeah, if you buy a cheap product....its probably going to sound like a cheap product. 

Hey, while I'm here, I should mention that weirdly shaped lathes that don't have the proper amount of lead in area need to go far far away. A label I love adds in these weird shaped lathes as pre-order bonuses and they often skip and, once, an 8" rocket shaped lathe threw my needle off the record and then smacked the cantilever/headshell with it's 'rocket' fins 3-4 times before I could lift the tonearm. Never again.

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

You aren't getting your lathes cut at the right place then.

For instance Inthecloud Records makes lathes that have sounded better than many of my pressed records.

But yeah, if you buy a cheap product....its probably going to sound like a cheap product. 

I've heard mixed reviews of the ITCR lathes and I never bought one. All I know is that every one that I have has sounded ridiculously shitty to slightly passable, but I still ask myself why the hell I even bothered buying the damn thing.