ATO has a pre-order up for claypool lennon delirium

Dunc

28 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

Hi mucusoffmybrain.

Yes, have now heard..sounds retty good, hope the rest of the album is just as good. Gotta wait until i'm piad next week..but defo will pick this one up..might go for that bundle ATO is doing...hopefully they'll have the designs for the T & poster up by then.

Anybody had any issues with that gold edition of their debut album at all? Been reading comments elsewhere, seems to be mixed opinions regarding the quality of it. I've only the CD of that one..so since it's still available, thought i'd pick that one up too...if it's a good pressing.

Ship it, spin it. If it sounds terrible, just send it back.

Vinyl playback is such a personal experience.

All depends on your table, cartridge, amp, EQ preference, et cetera.

One of my best sounding records, The DCC pressing of “Night at the Opera,” is actually PANNED on that Better Records website.

I have listened to a UK original, a US original, and the EMI Centenary Issue (which to my ears, came in second place.)

Hoffman’s analog remaster beat them all. Go with YOUR ears! ;)

Edited by Plarocks

1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

Hi mucusoffmybrain.

Yes, have now heard..sounds retty good, hope the rest of the album is just as good. Gotta wait until i'm piad next week..but defo will pick this one up..might go for that bundle ATO is doing...hopefully they'll have the designs for the T & poster up by then.

Anybody had any issues with that gold edition of their debut album at all? Been reading comments elsewhere, seems to be mixed opinions regarding the quality of it. I've only the CD of that one..so since it's still available, thought i'd pick that one up too...if it's a good pressing.

You can get the gold edition on Amazon US for about $14 right now. Good deal for a 2xLP.

1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

Hardly surprising...being the prettiest design and a double LP...I bet it'll sneak up to 2000 copies soon!

That's fucked up. I can't stand when they do that shit. Napalm did that with Smashing Pumpkins Shiny and Oh So Bright gold, from 500 to 750. Sold out the first day then relisted as 750 and has been in stock since...

2 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Hi, fair enough It's just that I've heard that the pressing company, United Record Pressings, can be a bit shoddy apparently, which the gold pressing of Phobos is pressed by. But i'll give it a whirl, found a decently price sealed copy on Ebay for £27...so i'll get that one. 

I heard claypool/lennon’s first album when I was flipping through records at Sound Garden, and I liked it.

I will probably grab that United gold/yellow pressing eventually...warts and all. :P

Also slightly OT, VMP record of the month is a galaxy colored copy of the Queen record.

Says it is half speed mastered and everything...

I know Abbey Road digitizes almost everything now when they remaster vinyl.

So tempted to see how it holds up to the Hoffman mastering. ;)

6 hours ago, Plarocks said:

Also slightly OT, VMP record of the month is a galaxy colored copy of the Queen record.

Says it is half speed mastered and everything...

I know Abbey Road digitizes almost everything now when they remaster vinyl.

So tempted to see how it holds up to the Hoffman mastering. ;)

Yesss I saw that as well. Looks like I'm back in the VMP train again, lol

• 3 months later...
37 minutes ago, BeerMonger said:

Rough Trade has autographed copies avaialble as of 2PM PST for $24 

Grabbed one with the quickness! 

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/music/the-claypool-lennon-delirium-south-of-reality

Looks like they might be gone.  I ordered the lp from their yesterday, and the only way you could get an autographed copy was by joining their club.

Edited by kramer73