PO: MAE-Multisensory Aesthetic Experience

Yeah it’s just silly because I’m at the url whatismae.com/pre-order, which is a Shopify page. As if the moment all the buttons just link to the same page. It’s lame. Some server side script will probably change them.

Well in the mean time I managed to grab a copy of Big D and the Kids Table’s “Stomp” LP on Discogs, the first time I’ve ever seen one online so…

1 hour ago, copelandkid said:

pre-order link is now on the homepage/is the homepage, but pre-order links still don't take you to a sale page. awkward.

Right? 1) This doesn’t give me confidence that it will arrive in time, etc. 2) I don’t even know if I want this yet. I just want to know prices and to see if there’s a 3rd/limited variant. The image for the vinyl shows the clear and purple LPs, but then also a purple/yellow starburst?

19 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Right? 1) This doesn’t give me confidence that it will arrive in time, etc. 2) I don’t even know if I want this yet. I just want to know prices and to see if there’s a 3rd/limited variant. The image for the vinyl shows the clear and purple LPs, but then also a purple/yellow starburst?

Pretty sure that other thing is just the sleeve because it has flat sides. Doesn't preclude additional variants though.

They posted this 7hours ago on FB

UPDATE ON PRE-ORDER

Hey Everybody!

We want to apologize for the delayed launch of the pre-order sales for MULTISENSORY AESTHETIC EXPERIENCE. Not everything that will be included with the various bundles arrived on time and we didn't want to launch without being certain that we could deliver what we are promising. All of the various bundles will be available STARTING TOMORROW. Thanks for being patient with us--we appreciate you all!

Mae

3 hours ago, gazzo said:

Not everything that will be included with the various bundles arrived on time and we didn't want to launch without being certain that we could deliver what we are promising.

Slow clap... noticed the November 30th release date and if they are expecting to deliver by that date I guess I'm fine with this. Still better than like 7 month pre-orders.

4 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Lol what a clusterfuck. If I were that into this band this would be annoying as hell

It's not hardly annoying at all.  We've gone a decade without new material, we could probably squeeze out another 24 hours or so.  I believe they're trying to mitigate future issues, so it's all good in the hood.