PO NOW: Pedro The Lion - Phoenix (1/18/2019)

zaoza

Still working my way through the album but it's definitely winning me over. Against my better judgement I went with the splatter version and there is a bunch of distortion and noise toward the end of the B side and a bit to start the C side. I'm wondering if I should try exchanging it for a black copy. Anyone else experiencing sound issues?

My clear copy sounds great. I always avoid the Pirates Press splatters, I've never owned one that didn't sound subpar, although I've heard that a deep cleaning will address some of that. That said, I do have an Early Bird edition on the way that I had preordered through Bandcamp and never bothered to cancel.

This album is amazing, definitely up there with Bazan's best work. And I say that as a lifelong fan.

2 hours ago, AlexH. said:

My clear copy sounds great. I always avoid the Pirates Press splatters, I've never owned one that didn't sound subpar, although I've heard that a deep cleaning will address some of that. That said, I do have an Early Bird edition on the way that I had preordered through Bandcamp and never bothered to cancel.

This album is amazing, definitely up there with Bazan's best work. And I say that as a lifelong fan.

Gonna try to listen to my clear tonight. Also ended up with an early bird somehow even though I cancelled it. Early birds all around.