PO: Cave In Ft. Stephen Brodsky and Adam McGrath - Live At Roadburn 2018

First track here: https://roadburn.bandcamp.com/album/live-at-roadburn-festival-2018

Order here: https://www.burningworldrecords.com/products/cave-in-ft-stephen-brodsky-and-adam-mcgrath-live-at-roadburn-2018-cd

Recorded at Roadburn Festival 2018.

Mixed by Drew Arndt and Stephen Brodsky at BMG, NYC. Mastered by James Plotkin.

Sleeve picture by Niels Vinck

a4110514588_16.jpg
On March 28 of 2018, Cave In bassist, Caleb Scofield, died in a car accident leaving behind his wife and two children. The Cave In inner circle rallied around Caleb’s family, fundraising and arranging benefit shows; it was clear that their aim was to do what their friend tragically no longer could –  provide for his family.

At the 2018 edition of RoadburnStephen Brodsky and Adam McGrath paid a moving tribute to Caleb with an acoustic set of covers and Cave In tracks. As the audience and band members alike found catharsis through music, we wouldn’t have begrudged them one bit if this performance was the closest we ever got to Cave In at Roadburn.

As communicated at the time:

On Saturday, 21 AprilStephen Brodsky and Adam McGrath will unite to play a very special set at Het Patronaat in honour of Caleb Scofield, their long time bandmate, collaborator and friend, who sadly passed away last month.

The pair comment:

“Please join us for an afternoon of Cave In songs and cover tunes dedicated to Caleb Scofield, our best friend and bandmate who passed away tragically and suddenly on March 28th, 2018. Sincere thanks to the good-hearted people of Roadburn for swiftly and gracefully giving us an opportunity to honor Caleb’s life and legacy.”

We, at Roadburn, are honoured to be able to host such a special tribute to Caleb– a musician who not only performed at Roadburn himself (as part of Old Man Gloom in 2014), but whose influence can be seen in many of the bands that pass through the festival.

Vinyl will follow in early 2019. Part of the proceeds will go to the Caleb Scofield Memorial Fund.

TRACKLIST

• Youth Overrided
  • The Calypso  
  • Everest 
  • New Moon 
  • Dark Driving 
  • Heartbreaks, Earthquakes 
  • Big Riff 
  • Sing My Loves

7 hours ago, throwgncpr said:

Anyone in the USA going to carry this?

Sony / Red will carry this to all good record stores ;-).

This will be all black vinyl so no special colours etc.

First we wanted to press up just a limited amount because we thought it would only be interesting for the people who had been at the gig or hardcore Cave In fans. Now it seems more people are interested so I am talking to Steve and Adam to see  if we could do some more for distribution.

6 hours ago, Negron said:

Quite surprised it's not on the Caleb Scofield benefit page.

I'm holding off until some copies hopefully show up there, or until the Canadian dollar gets a little stronger.

It's not out until next year so here's hoping it doesn't sell out by the time I pull the trigger.

Yes, the band will get their copies and they will put it up there.

Going to hold off until the Cave In UK benefit show in the hopes they have them in hand. Bit of a risk admittedly but I don't really do live albums and whatever happens that night I'm bound to get something swanky and contribute more to the fund.

Still hope  Burning World Records keeps this idea alive for Roadburn2019 as having a Have A Nice Life live set on vinyl would basically just be printing money, I mean what are we on like 5th or 6th repress of Deathconsciousness by now?

Missed a trick not recording last years Planning For Burial gig too would've bought that in a heartbeat.

Edited by Stress On The Sky