PO Now: Sufjan Stevens - Lonely Man of Winter 7"

28 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

Anyone know of any US retails that will be stocking this that do online orders & don't charge stupid amounts to ship to the UK?

Held off ordering from AK due to shipping & now they say it will only be available to US retailers. 

I know what you were trying to say, but I just felt that saying that AK is charging stupid amounts to ship worldwide makes it seem like they are doing this on purpose, which is totally wrong.

Unfortunately via USPS it costs $14 to ship a 7" to the UK, $23 for an LP, and even $14 for a cassette . What choice does the label have other than charging us international customers that exact amount? Should they cover part of our shipping costs? Why? 

Edited by mesi
typo

5 hours ago, mesi said:

I know what you were trying to say, but I just felt that saying that AK is charging stupid amounts to ship worldwide makes it seem like they are doing this on purpose, which is totally wrong.

Unfortunately via USPS it costs $14 to ship a 7" to the UK, $23 for an LP, and even $14 for a cassette . What choice does the label have other than charging us international customers that exact amount? Should they cover part of our shipping costs? Why? 

This information about shipping costs to the UK is correct. It's very expensive and for a label like AK, I don't blame them for not wanting to lose money on this...especially since the money is going to a nonprofit. 

Nah it's just one pressing at the moment. Here's what AKR said on Reddit:

We got this all put together just a few weeks ago and Kindercore pulled a Christmas vinyl miracle to get these 1k done in time. Vinyl usually takes a 12-15 week turnover (7 inch slightly less). Because all proceeds JACK, a non profit theater in Brooklyn, we didnt want to wait until next year. So 1,000 it is.

We’ll repress another color next Christmas if people are still interested.

Edited by itsgoodtobefree

• 2 weeks later...