PO: Super Furry Animals - Rings Around The World - Reissue (3rd Sept 2021)

CeCeCe

15 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Nice. Looks like they are using the original cut if Side C plays inside out. The original pressing is really well done. 

Looks like it.

Looks like Gruff doesn't know about the release as he's just posted on Twitter 'must be a bootleg?'. I guess the record company has licensed it to MOV without telling them

Edited by craigeduk

1 hour ago, craigeduk said:

Looks like it.

Looks like Gruff doesn't know about the release as he's just posted on Twitter 'must be a bootleg?'. I guess the record company has licensed it to MOV without telling them

yeah that's probably annoying for them. they've been managing their back catalog quite well, albeit a bit slowly.  I'll keep my OG and pass on this (have the Edam Anchorman/All the Shit U Do 12" also).

Edited by tonyfranciosa

They were probably able to do the reissues of Fuzzy Logic, Radiator, Mwng and (presumably) Guerrilla on their own because those were originally released on Creation/Placid Casual. Rings was their first official Sony album so Sony probably currently own the rights to it and can license it out. 

As per a posting on FB SFA grrod by Kliph (SFA archivist):

"Just a head’s up: this is in no way authorized or approved by SFA. Music On Vinyl is a legitimate label and do license things properly (and do good work when given good sources to work from), but the band were unaware of the existence of this before someone tweeted Gruff a couple of hours ago. I called BMG, who also knew nothing about it and are annoyed as they’re planning to a proper deluxified remaster/reissue when the time comes. BMG are working on tracking down who licensed it (must have been someone at Sony) and what their sources are for this reissue. Best case scenario, the original plates from 2001 still exist and were used, but those were done at CD resolution (44.1/16) and not from the original tapes, as the reissue BMG are planning will be, so buy at your own risk."

Given the locked grove 7" and side 3 playing inside out its probably a good bet the the original plates are being used.  I'll be getting both this and the "more legit" copy anyways.

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Was this pulled?

Release date was a few weeks ago, MOV pulled the date off their site, nobody shows this in stock and no discogs listing yet

Delayed. My local has it listed as 25th Jan.  Its still on MOV site if you look under artists and just has 2019 down as release date.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 5:29 PM, timsimmons said:

up for the US at the sound of vinyl $30 plus SOV absurd shipping cost of $10

https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/*/Rings-Around-The-World-2LP-7-Pink-Purple-Mixed-Edition/5ZLM0000000

You think $10 is too steep? You should try shipping the other direction... Now that's absurd!

• CeCeCe changed the title to PO: Super Furry Animals - Rings Around The World - Reissue (3rd Sept 2021)