PO: Super Furry Animals - Rings Around The World - Reissue (3rd Sept 2021)

CeCeCe

I'm sure they did. This is probably one of those things where communication lines got crossed. Or maybe MOV tried to sneak one by BMG, or BMG thought maybe the band wouldn't care about 1500 copies where only production costs would be incurred (seeing as the plates were already made and a sunk cost from the Sony days). 

Regardless, it sounds like this thing isn't happening. Bummer too, because they seem t be doing 20th anniversary sets, so we may not see it for 2 more years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 7:57 AM, craigeduk said:

Today the place I ordered it from advised that MOV have officially cancelled the release 

Same. It's definitely a no-go from MOV at this point. I can only hope this was scuttled so SFA could put it out themselves as part of their continuing reissue series. This is my favorite album of theirs. I truly hope we get it sooner than later.

• CeCeCe changed the title to PO: Super Furry Animals - Rings Around The World - Reissue (3rd Sept 2021)
5 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Really want those b-sides collected on an LP. Thats their best era for b-sides. Hopefully for RSD.

Yeah they've not done any of the bsides on vinyl yet from the 20th anniversary versions. Hopefully at some point.

I've got the original 'Out Spaced' bsides comp and it's great.

5 minutes ago, glass realms said:

I meant that I'm glad that the 7" isn't going to reissued with this pressing.

Ah ok, thought I was going blind lol, Of course it could still be included as hidden item like the original and not listed. Hopefully the "plays from inside out" on side C has been taken away