RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

I know it’s crazy to start a thread for RSD 2019 this early, but I just came across a release that I thought people should know about and thought it couldn’t hurt to go ahead and do the damn thing. 

On Narnack’s Bandcamp page they’ve teased that they’re going to be rereleasing Thee Oh Sees’s Cool Death of Island Raiders for RSD in April 2019. It looks like this’ll be an expanded version with alternates and outtakes. The Bandcamp page for this alternates and outtakes version also has different album art than the original release. I’m not sure if this will be the final cover or not but thought some people may be interested in that. 

Most importantly, they’re encouraging people to email them directly to reserve a copy. I think it’s great that they are allowing fans to order direct and avoid the crowds on RSD and also avoid flippers on Discogs and eBay. 

You can can find more info (including how to reserve your copy) here:

http://narnackrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-cool-death-of-island-raiders-alternates-unreleased

1 minute ago, simple_torture said:

Motherfuckers, it's not even Veterans Day yet!

I know, man. Hell, it ain’t even Thanksgiving yet. 

If they weren’t letting fans email direct to reserve copies I wouldn’t have even posted this, but I would hate to sit on that and have users here miss out on this release. Narnack is pretty bad at keeping things in print, and I could see this being impossible to get for a lot of people. I’ve been waiting on this to get reissued for years. I’m still pretty pissed at myself for not getting it the first time around. 

2 minutes ago, simple_torture said:

That "motherfuckers" wasn't directed at you, of course.

And, yes, definitely, allowing pre-orders is a cool idea.

Oh, I know it wasn’t directed at me. We both had the same response to seeing some RSD shit literally 6 months in advance. It’s a bit much.

I would not normally  encourage something like that by posting it here, but ultimately decided that since Narnack is a cool indie label, and is definitely not doing this as some marketing ploy, and they are allowing pre-orders for an in demand title, that I’d help spread the word. 

It was a hard call to make. I know RSD can get cringey with the over the top antics some of the labels, fans, and sellers engage in. I really don’t want to be one of those people or encourage them, but this felt different.

1 minute ago, craigeduk said:

Cool, have emailed them

A reissue of the album proper is coming at some point from Castleface (its listed as forthcoming on a booklet sent with their last lp and has a catalog number assigned). So interesting to see what this is, could be just alt versions and demos without the original album.

I also got the same insert showing it as an upcoming release. Interesting point that this might just be an alternate version. I’ll let everyone know if I hear anything relevant from the label. 

1 minute ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

I also got the same insert showing it as an upcoming release. Interesting point that this might just be an alternate version. I’ll let everyone know if I hear anything relevant from the label. 

Even if it is "just" an alt version its still essential! So good spotting this one out.

8 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

Even if it is "just" an alt version its still essential! So good spotting this one out.

I agree completely. I’m a pretty big fan from way back and have mostly first pressings of their early catalogue, so I’ll bite even if it is simply an alternate version. 

If I’m being honest, I’d have to admit that I’d even buy a chopped and screwed version of this album. 

19 minutes ago, bridley said:

Thanksgiving was a month ago ;)

Just realized that when @simple_torture made his comment earlier that he said Veterans Day not Valentines Day, meaning his comment made a whole lot more sense than I originally thought. 

Also forgot that other places in the world have Thanksgiving holidays. 

I’m definitely spacing today. Must be all this talk of RSD in November. My brain doesn’t know how to respond 

Edited by GrapplesInStereo

• 4 weeks later...