RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

3 hours ago, lostcrimes said:

Tug is actually Bert confirmed. 

lol.  nah.

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

Nah, they just do a pretty good job at keeping in touch with their fan.

nah, I just figured it out like I did with LFTL last year...I deciphered it all by myself!

Edited by tug

53 minutes ago, Cardboard_Robot said:

Dang. Looks like two of my favorite things are going to be clashing this year. Not going to make Record Store Day since I will be attending Star Wars Celebration in Chicago. Oh well...

Just FYI, I was in Chicago a few years back for C2E2 during RSD.  I took an uber up to Reckless Records on Madison on the saturday morning and then back in time for the convention.  Line wasn't bad and they had a good selection.  Probably like a $6 uber each way.

1 minute ago, stl_ben said:

Just FYI, I was in Chicago a few years back for C2E2 during RSD.  I took an uber up to Reckless Records on Madison on the saturday morning and then back in time for the convention.  Line wasn't bad and they had a good selection.  Probably like a $6 uber each way.

Thanks for that info...hmmmmm.....now I am going to have to look at my budget even closer. I've skipped out on the last couple of C2E2's but that is also one of my favorite cons. I was pleasantly surprised when I found out Star Wars Celebration was going to be held  at McCormick in 2019, so I immediately booked a room there before the hotel blocks even came out.   

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, xfactor675 said:

Thank god, finally a quality release for RSD. 

indeed.  rsd has become so commercial that its rare a gem like this actually serves the purpose of rsd.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:35 PM, pizza face said:

Well, time to sell my original copy. Been meaning to do this for a while now. Someone is selling theirs on ebay for $60 which isn't bad and they say it's been played once. 

sell the original just to buy the repress?  you could always just collect all the color variants to complete your collection.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:13 AM, andrewlucas said:

Very solid album. I’ll definitely get one. 

To be honest, I didn’t like this album until only about 2 years ago. Glad I gave it another chance. 

good call.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:30 PM, Cardboard_Robot said:

Dang. Looks like two of my favorite things are going to be clashing this year. Not going to make Record Store Day since I will be attending Star Wars Celebration in Chicago. Oh well...

on the bright side you could always just buy what you want on ebay.

14 hours ago, tug said:

on the bright side you could always just buy what you want on ebay.

I know what you mean. Between Discogs and Ebay I have gotten past releases after RSD was over. But I have enjoyed the "holiday" type feel of participating in RSD. I know the crowds and lines can be annoying, It's also a bummer some releases get sold out quickly. Personally I try not to get too uptight about what I may or may not be able to acquire from my want list that day. I just think it's a fun day to be out there with other enthusiasts visiting your local record stores. There's usually special events going on like live music, giveaways, and sales on non RSD releases or used records. You meet interesting new people, and catch up with old friends you may have not talked to for some time. I guess I just get really into the spirit of it all. 

On 12/16/2018 at 7:12 PM, tug said:

sell the original just to buy the repress?  

I just don't understand some members on this site. They are all ready to go and sell originals when a new press/remaster is released. No idea how good/bad it will sound, but they want to sell the originals to get max $$$$. I've seen it mentioned many times.

I am the complete opposite. I never sell my originals, and will buy remasters etc, if I hear it sounds good.

Edited by vinyl addict

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:20 AM, mrewest said:

Are people having real conversations with tug?  lmao  

yes

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:20 AM, Derek™ said:

no one will be listening to The Used in 2019

you say no one will listen to the used next year?  well that's what I was told in 2002.  but 16 years later we still do.  but you can tell me that again it 2034.  boom!

On 12/28/2018 at 8:48 PM, tug said:

yes

you say no one will listen to the used next year?  well that's what I was told in 2002.  but 16 years later we still do.  but you can tell me that again it 2034.  boom!

Imagine being home on a Friday night and having nothing better to do than posting under a troll account, in an effort to convince people that you still care about a trash band who peaked at Hot Topics over a decade ago.  That's gonna' be a yikes from me, friend.

1 hour ago, elvismcvegas said:

Lol. I'm glad someone called him out. The Used sucks ass and I cant believe someone would openly admit they listen to them on a music website. That's embarrassing for you, dawg.

In all likelihood, "tug" is probably an alternate account of someone else here, that they use specifically to troll and ruffle feathers.  Aside from The Used being completely irrelevant for the last 10+ years, no one - and I do mean no one - makes it their sole purpose to live, breathe, and post about 1 band here on the boards.  No one serious, that is.  He's lousy at defending his fandom with any semblance of realism, and he continues to run the charade despite being banned several times – it's just his shtick.  It was remarkable and confusing when he first started (read: when it was a plausible reality), but over the years he's just taken it to an extreme that's simply too farfetched.  Really sucked the fun out of it.

46 minutes ago, lostcrimes said:

I mean, I'm 30 and still love Alkaline Trio, Silverstein and Bayside.

I don't know, that sounds like a personal problem.

9 hours ago, lostcrimes said:

I mean, I'm 30 and still love Alkaline Trio, Silverstein and Bayside. Let people enjoy things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not defending tug, but this ^ 

I LOVED the used @ 14, 15, 16, and I can see someone still liking them. I mean, some of you guys on here creamed when MCR had represses. Same thing. 

I buy stupid nostalgic shit all the time. 

I would pay money to see AFI again.

"tug" is just an over-dramaticized manifestation of our nostalgia, our childhoods. 

12 hours ago, elvismcvegas said:

Lol. I'm glad someone called him out. The Used sucks ass and I cant believe someone would openly admit they listen to them on a music website. That's embarrassing for you, dawg.

how is being a fan of one of the most beloved and successful rock n roll bands ever embarrassing?

11 hours ago, lostcrimes said:

I mean, I'm 30 and still love Alkaline Trio, Silverstein and Bayside. Let people enjoy things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but none of those are comparable to the used.  the used are such a unique raw rock n roll band even credited for creating a new genre of music.  and consider to be like a modern day beatles/nirvana.  the used are one of the most successful and beloved bands ever.  

10 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Imagine being home on a Friday night and having nothing better to do than posting under a troll account, in an effort to convince people that you still care about a trash band who peaked at Hot Topics over a decade ago.  That's gonna' be a yikes from me, friend.

In all likelihood, "tug" is probably an alternate account of someone else here, that they use specifically to troll and ruffle feathers.  Aside from The Used being completely irrelevant for the last 10+ years, no one - and I do mean no one - makes it their sole purpose to live, breathe, and post about 1 band here on the boards.  No one serious, that is.  He's lousy at defending his fandom with any semblance of realism, and he continues to run the charade despite being banned several times – it's just his shtick.  It was remarkable and confusing when he first started (read: when it was a plausible reality), but over the years he's just taken it to an extreme that's simply too farfetched.  Really sucked the fun out of it.

I don't know, that sounds like a personal problem.

just a fan of the used with the billions of others.  think the issue here is theres lots of old folk on this forum and they simply just don't get it.  too raw too unique for that cookie cutter music.

2 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I'm not defending tug, but this ^ 

I LOVED the used @ 14, 15, 16, and I can see someone still liking them. I mean, some of you guys on here creamed when MCR had represses. Same thing. 

I buy stupid nostalgic shit all the time. 

I would pay money to see AFI again.

"tug" is just an over-dramaticized manifestation of our nostalgia, our childhoods. 

the used...on new years day tomorrow the used will kick off their 19th year  as a band.  the used are simply of the longest running, greatest, most successful, beloved rock n roll bands ever.