RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

On 12/31/2018 at 12:43 PM, timsimmons said:

I’m ecstatic that I have no idea who they are. 

I am infinitely jealous. I had to sit through one of their shows back in I think 2003/04? Whenever the first Taste of Chaos tour was. I went to catch Opiate for the Masses on the acoustic “stage,” and they slated. They also hooked me up with an advance copy of their debut album.

The girl I was tryin’ to hook up with at the time wanted to stay the whole time and see The Used.

It was one of the most awful concerts I have ever seen (and not countin’ festivals I’m easily over 300 live shows).

On 12/31/2018 at 12:04 AM, lostcrimes said:

I mean, I'm 30 and still love Alkaline Trio, Silverstein and Bayside. Let people enjoy things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For real. If you don't like a band, good for you. Half this website obsesses over Taylor Swift and nobody shits on them fo that. Just let people enjoy what they enjoy; I don't see how or why that effects anyone else.

33 minutes ago, MyckelJay said:

Half this website obsesses over Taylor Swift

Probably an exaggeration on both fronts.  It only seems that way because Juan proclaims his love for Swift in a multitude of threads, and he's among the more frequent posters on the board – I don't think anyone else is on the same wavelength as that guy's adoration for Taylor Swift.  So to use the word obsessed for anyone other than him feels like major hyperbole, to me.  I'd realistically guess there's probably a dozen members who'd actively check out a new Taylor Swift record, and even less that'd pre-order it.

And to further add to that, this isn't a case of one person shamelessly admitting they like a certain band or genre, and containing it to one discussion.  As I mentioned on the last page, tug – the used guy, by the way – has been banned several times over, but continues to boomerang back and force this shit band into every open orifice the board has to offer.  This isn't one guy arguing why Hawthorne Heights "still do it" for him in a PO topic.  Nor is it another guy publicly admitting that he still listens to Attack Attack! in the what albums should be (re)pressed? thread.  It's one dude forcing a single, redundant, shitty, low-effort meme.  And for that he can fuck right off.

Edited by Derek™

1 hour ago, MyckelJay said:

For real. If you don't like a band, good for you. Half this website obsesses over Taylor Swift and nobody shits on them fo that. Just let people enjoy what they enjoy; I don't see how or why that effects anyone else.

Not trying to be a jerk, but quick lesson for everyone: affect is usually a verb (like the sentence in which you're using effect) and effect is usually a noun.

Grammar is important! :)

Edited by Ishtar
Ha! Ironic edit.

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

It only seems that way because Juan proclaims his love for Swift in a multitude of threads, and he's among the more frequent posters on the board – I don't think anyone else is on the same wavelength as that guy's adoration for Taylor Swift.  

The Swift threads get more unique posters than you'd expect

6 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Not trying to be a jerk, but quick lesson for everyone: affect is usually a verb (like the sentence in which you're using effect) and effect is usually a noun.

Grammar is important! :)

Honest to god, thank you! I never take offense to people correcting me. It'll help me out in the long run. I appreciate it.

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

It only seems that way because Juan proclaims his love for Swift in a multitude of threads, and he's among the more frequent posters on the board – I don't think anyone else is on the same wavelength as that guy's adoration for Taylor Swift.  

That's fair. But also, as DecayToDeath said,

5 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

"The Swift threads get more unique posters than you'd expect"

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

And to further add to that, this isn't a case of one person shamelessly admitting they like a certain band or genre, and containing it to one discussion.  As I mentioned on the last page, tug – the used guy, by the way – has been banned several times over, but continues to boomerang back and force this shit band into every open orifice the board has to offer.  It's one dude forcing a single, redundant, shitty, low-effort meme.  And for that he can fuck right off.

And daaaang, I didn't know that. I don't have an opinion on The Used, I was saying that I don't see why people can't let others enjoy what they do. But if he's just shoving it in everyone's face and not letting anything go, that's a different case. I guess if you get banned, it's probably with good reason.

5 hours ago, tug said:

so a plain DJ jacket?  @tug is ‘pulling’ a fast one on me.

6 hours ago, curator said:

so a plain DJ jacket?  @tug is ‘pulling’ a fast one on me.

5 hours ago, Plarocks said:

I thought @tug was looking for specific INNER sleeves. :huh:

they are inner sleeves.  they are made of a thicker paper than average inners and are the size of an inner sleeve too.  they are like the newer cardboard inner picture sleeves that have become the norm for new releases over the past 5 years.   these ones are just solid color, a perfect square, and have no lip.  being thicker also makes them easier to slide in and out of their out jackets/LP covers.  these are truly a perfect inner sleeve for anyone who cares about protecting their records.  not sure why they are on clearance out and not sure why these are not sold everywhere.   there is nothing better than these sleeves.

35 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Can’t wait until we’re back on track here with bitching about a shitty RSD list, being the first to post “looks like I’m sleeping in that day” &/or “I haven’t gone out on RSD in years”.  

What a RSD? I haven't gone for 40 years!

• 1 month later...