RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

10 hours ago, curator said:

Definitely in for.. Twin Peaks, Green Day live, Bad Religion 7” (was hoping this song made it to a single even thought it’ll be on the new album) and Menzingers 7”

Interested in that Goo Goo Dolls 5xLP, but there’s not details on what it is.. hmmm

The rumored list had Bowie’s ‘Sound + Vision’ 3xLP, but I’m not seeing it on the official.

Also in for this.. especially if Aimee Mann or Dave Alvin/Maron is on it

In The Garage: Live Music from WTF with Marc Maron

1000th episode next Thursday!

Edited by curator

6 hours ago, curator said:

Also in for this.. especially if Aimee Mann or Dave Alvin/Maron is on it

In The Garage: Live Music from WTF with Marc Maron

1000th episode next Thursday!

Marc Maron has welcomed a number of musicians to his garage for his podcast “WTF With Marc Maron.” After a conversation, some of those musicians perform a song. On Record Store Day 2019 (April 13), a new compilation collects some of those performances. The compilation—titled In the Garage: Live Music From WTF With Marc Maron—features J Mascis, Margo Price, Jason Isbell, Nick Lowe, Aimee Mann, Melissa Etheridge, Maron himself, and more. A portion of the album’s proceeds go to Musicians on Call, an organization that brings live and recorded music to patients in health care facilities.

Marc Maron’s recent interviews include a sit-down with Mandy Moore, who opened up about her relationship with Ryan Adams, and the Beastie Boys, who discussed their new book.

13 minutes ago, filthyrich said:

Really glad none of you are posting about Robyn - Body Talk because that's the one release I absolutely NEED. Time to remove it (and all those $300+ copies) from the ol' Discogs wantlist!!

No idea how I missed this. This is enough for me to line up hours ahead of schedule

Although I'm realizing this is a UK exclusive. Time to call in some favors...

Edited by Dougie Jones

9 minutes ago, Dougie Jones said:

No idea how I missed this. This is enough for me to line up hours ahead of schedule

Yup. I must've hit 20 different sites around 2012 looking for ANY retail-priced copies of this. No luck. Even emailed Robyn's label begging for a repress. 

Hopefully this means she'll do the self-titled album next, which for my money is THE greatest pop album of the 2000s. (No offense to CRJ of course.)

12 hours ago, mrewest said:

Just recently saw Anderson East live & was fucking amazing so I’m stoked on that live album.  

Also, Glass Animals announced this on their IG but I don’t see it on the official list.

The Glass Animals EP is UK only, looks like, but I'll definitely be trying to order that one in.

1 hour ago, Dougie Jones said:

Although I'm realizing this is a UK exclusive. Time to call in some favors...

Same, also Robyn is on the US list too!

Edited by ryanthellama

4 hours ago, filthyrich said:

Really glad none of you are posting about Robyn - Body Talk because that's the one release I absolutely NEED. Time to remove it (and all those $300+ copies) from the ol' Discogs wantlist!!

Yeah, gonna grab a couple of UK exclusives if I can, after all. Robyn , Suede & Elastica.

"This exclusive version of Body Talk for Record Store Day brings together tracks from the Body Talk EPs on vinyl for the first time, including hit single ‘Dancing On My Own’. The release also includes a previously unreleased acoustic version of the track ‘Stars 4-Ever’. It will be pressed on 180-gram limited edition white vinyl and will include a digital download voucher."

Kinda need that Bardo Pond, too, come to think of it. Sol Seppy too! There's always something.

Edited by armadillo01

Hey collectors of novelty records, it seems there might be a silent LP in the list for this year according to Official Charts. It's the sequel to this album

Various Artists The Wit & Wisdom of Donald Trump LP In the 1980's Stiff Records produced a similar series for UK politicians. We thought it was high time to do one for Donald Trump. So here it is - an extremely minimalist work, that maybe John Cage would approve of. Very topical at this time too..."

20 hours ago, Subdomestic said:

Definitely in for the Broken Social Scene LP. Interesting that it's "Let's Try the After Vol 1 & 2". I wonder if they'll release a digital copy of Vol 2 before RSD.

Also probably going to get Stars and Jeff Buckley.

Good catch, curious to see if they'll have copies at the upcoming shows as well.

On 2/28/2019 at 4:34 PM, MyckelJay said:

The artwork for Green Day looks sick.

I know this is an old boot, but I hope Reprise did something with the audio. Remastered or something.

I'm not sure if someone already mentioned this and I'm not scrolling through 4 pages of updates to find out, but the set is remixed and remastered.