RSD 2019 Limited and First Releases

6 minutes ago, tug said:

there is a crazy thing going on here...

RSD official USA website lists the used release as a 10 inch vinyl while the UK and CA official RSD websites list it as a 12 inch vinyl and the used themselves announced it as a 12 inch vinyl.  when reading 3rd party sites its about 50/50 where some list it as 10 and some as 12 and a couple as both! (doh, lol).  so I assume it may have been planned as a 10 and changed to a 12 due to obvious reasons, and this made some sites who did not get the updated memo to post the wrong size.  it makes most sense that the used themselves would be correct and it will be a 12 inch which means the USA RSD site has an error and should be corrected.  who would we contact to correct this?

How's this 10" vs 12" conversation with yourself going? Making any headway?

9 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

How's this 10" vs 12" conversation with yourself going? Making any headway?

yes.  I think we established the error was caused by some band on the same record label called 'wonder years' who are releasing a 10" with the exact same name.  but now we are trying to figure out how to get the USA RSD site to be corrected so it looks more professional with no errors.

20 hours ago, tug said:

Isn’t the idea of RSD to support a small local record store?

it should be but for me personally the closest record store is well over an hour away and next to impossible to find any parking and not to mention they have a super limited selection and the staff are all super duper hipsters and try to tell me who i should or shouldn't listen to anytime i go.. I miss living next to legit record stores though. so i pretty much have to my rsd online unless im lucky enough to be out of town when it happens.

Fun fact. This is the used 2nd time releasing a RSD record. The first being in 2015 which was a blue colored shallow believer.   Now 2019 is a blue colored live at maida vale. So both releases are blue. What is the significance of blue? It made sense for shallow believer but red would of made for sense for this since it’s recorded in London. 

#funfact

3 hours ago, tug said:

Fun fact. This is the used 2nd time releasing a RSD record. The first being in 2015 which was a blue colored shallow believer.   Now 2019 is a blue colored live at maida vale. So both releases are blue. What is the significance of blue? It made sense for shallow believer but red would of made for sense for this since it’s recorded in London. 

#funfact

Dude, seriously?

This year's looking unfortunately good to me :(

Way too much shit I want, gonna have to cut some out. Current wantlist is excessive:

• Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso UFO - Invisible Eyes & Phantom Cathedral
  • Art Ensemble Of Chicago - The Spiritual
  • Death Grips - Crouching Tiger Hidden Gabber
  • The Dream Syndicate - The Days Of Wine And Roses
  • Goblin - Yell
  • Fela Kuti - Music Of Many Colours
  • Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
  • Alfred Panou & The Art Ensemble Of Chicago - Je Suis Un Sauvage/Le Moral Necessaire
  • David Byrne - Brazil Classic box set
  • VA - I Am Sam OST

Then there's some UK exclusives. If you're in the UK and planning to go out, then I'd love to pick up a US exclusive and trade! Or if you're willing to sell one to me at whatever you pay for it just as a favor, that's fine too! :)

• The Residents - B.S.
  • M - Pop Muzik
  • Chapterhouse - Whirlpool (The Original Recordings)
  • Acid Mothers Temple - Does The Cosmic Shepherd Dream Of Electric Tapirs?
  • Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks TP Replica

Last two on that UK list are up in the air, I'll know for sure if I want them before RSD though. Just please don't back out if the Discogs prices are high!

Edited by Squard

2 hours ago, VinylMario said:

That Green Jellö looks to be a Clear w/Glow-In-The-Dark Splatter Vinyl gatefold. Don't like like gitd vinyl but I don't think the gitd splatter will affect the audio quality. Anyone have any experience with gitd splatter?

ooo, thats interesting though, where did you read this?

4 hours ago, VinylMario said:

That Green Jellö looks to be a Clear w/Glow-In-The-Dark Splatter Vinyl gatefold. Don't like like gitd vinyl but I don't think the gitd splatter will affect the audio quality. Anyone have any experience with gitd splatter?

I just got a GITD splatter record last week. I'll have to get back to you on that after I double check but to me it sounded a little more noisy than the others in the set (only 1 record out of 3 had the GITD splatter) but not by much. Was still very listenable and looks awesome too

26 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

I had posted earlier that Amazon.it had posted 155 RSD 2019 titles (and there were more that did not carry the "RSD 2019" search term).

Today, Amazon.co.uk put up 135 RSD 2019 titles.   Most of them are not yet available for pre-orders though. 

Maybe they are RSD “first releases” and will be for sale afterward? And that’s why they could sell them?